Synonyms for pbssr or Related words with pbssr

rheilffordd              tryfan              lladron              hebog              drumoyne              sinclairtown              ddysgl              drygarn              ellalong              mouswald              eryri              mynachlog              gawber              lliwedd              waingroves              aberffrwd              weeaproinah              wyddfa              dunsyre              maenclochog              olrig              gwynion              aberllefenni              spateston              wongungarra              garnedd              linktown              winspit              marlcliff              rhiwiau              kenderchurch              essonville              llwybr              llechryd              bolstone              energlyn              diffwys              carsphairn              fettercairn              pensarn              llangenny              gleision              brizlincote              bennochy              stainby              hawbridge              barongarook              commonside              rhosgoch              aylmerton             



Examples of "pbssr"
The PBSSR and North Wales Narrow Gauge Railways were later amalgamated and became the Welsh Highland Railway. Some work undertaken for the PBSSR was used for the Welsh Highland Railway.
The General Undertaking was authorised by Act of Parliament in 1872 but officially abandoned in 1876. The section from Porthmadog to Beddgelert was eventually completed by the Welsh Highland Railway as part of its construction, and utilised parts of the Croesor Tramway and the aborted Portmadoc, Beddgelert and South Snowdon Railway (PBSSR) works.
In 1902, the newly formed PBSSR took over the failed Portmadoc, Croesor and Beddgelert Tram Railway with the aim of extending it to South Snowdon slate quarry in the Nant Gwynant Pass. Work was abandoned by the outbreak of the First World War in 1914, although the tunnels through the Aberglaslyn Pass were mostly completed.
The original Welsh Highland Railway was formed in 1922 from the merger of two companies – the North Wales Narrow Gauge Railways (NWNGR) and the Portmadoc, Beddgelert and South Snowdon Railway (PBSSR), successor to the Portmadoc, Croesor and Beddgelert Tram Railway. It was never a commercial success; the carriages of the 1890s were outdated and uncomfortable for so long a ride, the journey took too long and the service had a reputation for being unreliable..
The North Wales Power and Traction Co Ltd, the sole PBSSR backer, overspent on the construction of the power station. It started generating electricity in September 1906, but meanwhile, completion of the railway and electrifying the NWNGR took a back seat, and in January 1906 J.C. Russell, Chairman and Managing Director of the NWNGR, insisted on terms for a two-year delay which included expenditure on "restoring the NWNGR for present steam working and providing one steam locomotive for a sum not exceeding £2,500". This resulted in the arrival of Russell as NWNGR property. In the event this delay led to an abandonment.