Synonyms for polygyros or Related words with polygyros
Examples of "polygyros"
Yerakini is at a distance of 14.5 km (9 mi.) from
, 77 km (48 mi.) from Thessaloniki, via
, or 78 km, via Nea Moudania, and 66 km (41 mi.) from the Thessaloniki International Airport.
"Niki" (victory) is the name of
' football club, which participates in the Greek National Fourth Division Professional League. "AOP" (Athletic Club of
) is the local basketball team, participant in the Third National Basketball Division.
It belongs to the Municipality of
, the capital town of Chalkidiki.
The town of
is first mentioned in a medieval imperial document, "chryssovoulon" (with golden stamp), of Eastern Roman Emperor Nikephoros III Botaneiates about 1080 CE. In 1430, as the rest of the Eastern Roman Empire,
was conquered by the Ottomans and belonged to the Sanjak of Thessaloniki. On 17 May 1821 the people of
rose against the Ottoman authority and managed, temporarily, to expel the Ottoman guard. Many residents of
took part in the 1854's unsuccessful revolutionary movement against the Ottomans.
The Archaeological Museum of
is a museum in
, Chalkidiki, in Greece. The museum is located in Iroou Square in the town centre and displays representative archaeological finds from all over Chalkidiki. More specifically, they cover a span of time ranging from the Bronze Age to the Roman period and come from ancient Stageira (near Olympias), Toroni, Pyrgadikia, Aphytos,
, Ierissos, Stratoni, as also from the ancient city of Olynthos.
The Folklore Museum of
is located in
, the capital city of Chalkidiki regional unit in Central Macedonia, Greece. It opened on May 1998 on the initiative of the Women's Voluntary Association for Community Development, a local group that has been organising folklore-related events for the past twenty years. The museum is located in the town centre in the renovated two-storey residence of the former mayor of
, Mr Karaganis, who donated it for the purpose.
(Greek: Πολύγυρος) is a town and municipality in Central Macedonia, Greece. It is the capital of Chalkidiki.
Its largest towns are Nea Moudania (Νέα Μουδανιά), Nea Kallikrateia (Νέα Καλλικράτεια) and the capital town of
Kalyves Polygyrou means “Huts of
” as the first inhabitants, farmers, who settled from
in the late 1800s and early 1900s, had small houses as homesteads for the cultivation of their land in the area, ever since belonging to its municipality administration (municipal unit).
was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 4 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
, Greece, he directed such films as "Ta vaporakia", "Stigma", "Parangelia!", "To vary... peponi", "Oi prostates", and "Nai men, alla..."
Taxiárchis is a village located near Mount Holomontas in
, Chalkidiki, Central Macedonia, Greece. Chapel of Agia Paraskevi is located in the village.
Greek National Road 16A is a national highway in Chalkidiki, Central Macedonia, Greece. It connects
with Greek National Road 16 near Agios Prodromos.
The Archaeological Museum of
has exhibits containing findings from all over Halkidiki and referring to paleolithical and neolithical age, geometric, archaic, classic, hellenistic and Roman period.
Thanks to the exhibition, the
Museum won the 16th Directorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities’ Museum of the Year Award in 1998.
In Chalkidiki, he designed the
high school, such as the schools of Ormylia, Nikiti, Vasilika, Vrastama, Sykia and Parthenonas villages.
Finally, on November 2, 1912 the Greek army, as one of the winners of the First Balkan War, entered
and incorporated the town in the Greek State.
Museum is currently closed for complete reconstruction. The Archaeological Museum of
was closed in January 2012 and reconstruction began in May 2012. Completion of reconstruction is expected sometime in summer 2014.
Its geographical position offers the option to travelers to travel to and from Thessaloniki either by the frequent bus route (from Thessaloniki to Sarti) (KTEL), or by car or other vehicle, via
or Nea Moudania.
Chalkidiki Province was one of the provinces of the Chalkidiki Prefecture, Greece. Its territory corresponded with that of the current municipalities Kassandra, Nea Propontida,
, and Sithonia. It was abolished in 2006.
Copyright © 2017