Synonyms for prastio or Related words with prastio

lefkonas              matsouki              mesochori              kyparissi              vlacherna              fragkista              amfithea              paliampela              kalyvakia              pyrga              kornokipos              ampelia              kryopigi              mantamados              fourka              zeytinlik              charavgi              dasochori              loutros              kostakioi              livadaki              oreino              drepano              kamaris              pournari              palaiokatouna              distrato              giannitsochori              anatoliki              kainourgio              kechros              fillyra              oreini              keramidi              dafnoula              konistres              vahagni              vrysoula              kampos              kalopanagiotis              epano              drosato              koryfi              goritsa              nerochori              petrochori              chrysovitsa              drymos              perivoli              stavrodromi             



Examples of "prastio"
Prastio () is the name of several villages in Cyprus:
Prastio () is a village located in the Limassol District of Cyprus, near the village of Kellaki, northeast of Limassol.
Prastio ( or Πραστειό) is a village located in the Limassol District of Cyprus, north of the village of Avdimou.
Prastio (; ) is a village in Cyprus, 6 km southwest of Morphou. "De facto", it is under the control of Northern Cyprus.
Prastio (, ) is an abandoned Turkish Cypriot village located in the Paphos District of Cyprus, on the Diarizos river northeast of Paphos.
Son of Charalambos Paschalides from Prastio and Kyriaki Tzourou from Yialousa; brother to Chris Paschalides, Androulla Loizidou, Paschalis Paschalides; husband to Marie-Helene (Tournier) Paschalidou; father to Charalambos Carlos Paschalides and Alexia Melanie Paschalidou.
Prastio (; ) is a small village in Cyprus, 19 km west of Famagusta. "De facto", it is under the control of Northern Cyprus. It is administered by the municipality of Sinta (İnönü).
The Cyprus Government Railway was a narrow gauge railway network that operated in Cyprus from October 1905 to December 1951. With a total length of , there were 39 stations, stops and halts, the most prominent of which served Famagusta, Prastio Mesaoria, Angastina, Trachoni, Nicosia, Kokkinotrimithia, Morphou, Kalo Chorio and Evrychou. The CGR was closed down due to financial reasons. An extension of the railway which was built to serve the Cyprus Mines Corporation operated until 1974.
Born in Prastio village of Mesaoria in 1859 he became monk at the age of 13 at St Panteleimon monastery in Myrtou village near Kyrenia. He studied philosophy and theology at the University of Athens. In 1895 he was elected Bishop of Kyrenia and after the Kyrillos II' s death, he was elected Archbishop of Cyprus on November 11, 1916. Opponents of him in those elections were the Bishop of Kition Meletios, the Bishop of Kykkos Kleopas and archimandrite Makarios Myriantheas, later known as Makarios II who became Archbishop of Cyprus years later.
In the Ottoman period, the village was a mixed one, though the Turkish Cypriots were a small minority. The 1891 census recorded a population of 704, with 637 Greek and 67 Turkish Cypriots. In 1973, Prastio had a population of about 1,000, all of whom were Greek Cypriots. The Greek Cypriot inhabitants fled from the Turkish army in the 1974 Turkish invasion of Cyprus. Today, Prastio is inhabited by Turks from Adana, Osmaniye and Sivas provinces and a small number of displaced Turkish Cypriots. The village is home to the historic Agios Georgios Church (Agios Georgios O Sporos), which has a reference to 1823 on its door and to 1867 on its window. The eastern façade has Neo-Gothic elements and an Ottoman inscription exists over its western door. It is cross-vaulted and has galleries in the north and south. After 1974, it was converted to a mosque. In 2001, a new mosque, which was built by the Evkaf Administration, was opened in the village.
The Pelendri was a known settlement that existed during the Middle Ages. De Our Matri this an Pelendres or Pelondres, giving the information that the 1353 was a fief of John de Lusignan, Prince of Antioch and a member of the royal family of Cyprus. The medieval chronicler George Voustronios mentions twice the village at the time. In one case mentions that around 1461, the village lived a rich (probably trader) named satin. In this case the Voustronios speaks two Prastio (farms) in Pelendri owned Ritzos what Marino and confiscated in 1474 by Catherine Cornaro. These two farms are Kardamas (Kardama) and Filagra, were dissolved during the Turkish occupation. The Filagra but refounded with the same name.