Synonyms for prct or Related words with prct

bikyoran              ibct              ghqtre              storee              wiltshires              lentue              slavok              mardiv              forecon              korpusnoi              coscom              isintegrin              aabn              cheshires              battn              hikodan              usaag              centurythe              anniversarypart              elsw              goorkhas              fliegerdivision              sbct              gbjchl              figat              wjdhl              anniversay              brigadecol              fssg              kandak              swshl              phantoml              coretile              dampol              londons              cicdc              cojchl              eojchl              aviatsionniy              anniv              tbacr              sajjahdah              tonrariano              leicesters              krechowce              manchesters              cryde              sancrret              obli              dumatul             

Examples of "prct"
The perfectly coordinated triphibious American assault to recapture Corregidor left the 503rd PRCT with 169 dead and 531 wounded. The 34th Infantry Regiment suffered 38 killed and 153 wounded. Of the 2,065 men of both lifts by the 503rd PRCT, about 280 were killed or severely injured. Three men suffered parachute malfunctions, and two men who collided with buildings died. Eight men were killed either in the air or before they were able to get free of their chutes, a further 50 were wounded in the air or upon landing. Several men were missing in action at the drop. The total injuries (not by wounding) on the drop were 210.
In addition to the one Medal of Honor, troopers of the 517th PRCT earned 131 Silver Stars, 631 Bronze Stars, 1,576 Purple Hearts, 6 Distinguished Service Crosses, 5 Legion of Merits, 4 Soldier's Medals, 2 Air Medals and 17 French Croix de Guerres.
In addition to the one Medal of Honor, troopers of the 517th PRCT earned 6 Distinguished Service Crosses, 131 Silver Stars, 631 Bronze Stars, 1,576 Purple Hearts, 5 Legion of Merits, 4 Soldier's Medals, 2 Air Medals and 17 French Croix de Guerres.
The 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team (517th PRCT) was an airborne, specifically a parachute infantry, regiment of the United States Army that was formed in March 1943 during World War II, training at Camp Toccoa in the mountains of Northeast Georgia.
Japanese sources have estimated that there were about 6,700 Japanese on the island when the 503rd PRCT and 34th Infantry landed, of which only 50 survived. Another 19 were taken prisoner, and 20 Japanese holdouts surfaced after the war on 1 January 1946.
The 517th PRCT suffered over 500 casualties and had 102 men killed in action. On 15 July 1946, the President of the Provisional Government of the French Republic issued Decision Number 247 awarding the French Croix de Guerre to the RCT.
The alumni group of the 517th, the 517 PRCT Association, still holds an annual reunion, prints a quarterly newsletter, and has an almost daily email newslist. There is also an auxiliary group, consisting of children, relatives, and friends of the 517th who actively assist in the events and maintain the history of the unit.
The 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment (517th PIR) was an airborne infantry regiment of the United States Army, formed during World War II. At times the regiment was attached to the 17th Airborne Division, 82nd Airborne Division and later, the 13th Airborne Division. During most of their combat, the unit was an independent combined force of 17th Airborne troops called the 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team or 517th PRCT / PCT / RCT.
On 1 February the 517th PRCT joined the 82nd Airborne Division near Honsfeld. Next day the 1st Battalion took up a blocking position to protect the northern flank of the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment while the 3rd Battalion moved into position to support if required. All objectives of the attack plan were met, and on 3 February, the RCT received orders attaching it to the 78th Infantry Division at Simmerath.
The 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team is the only unit of the US Army to have used this type of modified helmet during World War II. The modified helmets can immediately be traced back to the 517th PRCT and Operation Dragoon. It is suspected that approximately 3,000 such helmets were made, most of which were camouflaged with spray paint as well, adding to the unique look of these helmets.
The most ferocious battle to regain Corregidor occurred at Wheeler Point on the night of 18 February and early the next morning, when D and F Companies, 2nd Battalion, 503rd PRCT, settled down in defensive positions near Battery Hearn and Cheney Trail. At 22:30 under a black, moonless night, 500 Japanese marines came out of the Battery Smith armory and charged the American and the Philippine positions. (This was also the night Pvt. McCarter earned his Medal of Honor). F Company stopped the attacks by the Japanese trying to break through to the south. Any minor breakthrough by the charge would have been cut short by the rear echelons.
Although it began as the 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment (517th PIR), an element of the 17th Airborne Division, the 517th PRCT was formed when the 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment was combined with the 460th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion (460th PFAB) and the 596th Parachute Combat Engineer Company. The 517th saw most of its combat (in Italy, Southern France, and the Battle of the Bulge) as an independent unit. At the end of the war, the unit was eventually incorporated into the 13th Airborne Division.
After a week of intense attacks and counterattacks, the U.S. 36th Division's 143rd Infantry Regiment the 3rd Ranger Battalion and the 504th Parachute Regimental Combat Team (504th PRCT) commanded the heights of the Sambúcaro mass. The U.S. 36th Division, then planned a further effort for 15 December. The 143rd Infantry, assisted by the 504th PRCT, would continue to push west along the shoulders of Sambúcaro and take San Vittore del Lazio while to the south of Route 6 the 142nd Infantry, supported by the Italian 1st Motorized Group, were to capture Mount Lungo. In the center, the 141st Infantry would attack San Pietro itself. The main attack of the 36th Division started at 12:00 on 15 December. In an effort to break the German defenses in the town, two platoons from the 753rd Tank Battalion attacked with 16 Sherman tank and tank destroyers. The armored attack failed due to mines and anti-tank fire. Four of the 16 tanks survived. After four successive Allied attacks and German counterattacks, the Germans pulled back from San Pietro since the dominating ground on both flanks, Mount Lungo and the Sambúcaro peaks, was now in II Corps' possession. The Germans launched a counterattack on 16 December to cover their withdrawal as they retreated to positions farther north at Cedro Hill, Mount Porchia, San Vittore, and the western spurs of Sambcaro.
Returning to Camp Mackall, the battalion was relieved from the 17th Airborne Division and attached to the 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment to form the 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team (PRCT). In early May 1944, Lieutenant Colonel Anderson and his staff were relieved, replaced by Lieutenant Colonel Raymond L. Cato and officers selected from the 466th PFAB. During this short period before deployment, Lieutenant Colonel Cato ordered Battery D, originally organized as an anti-tank and anti-aircraft unit with 37mm guns and .50 caliber machine guns, converted to a fourth 75mm pack howitzer battery. After final preparations at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia, the battalion departed Hampton Roads, Virginia on 17 May 1944, aboard the USS "Cristobal".
After making a second combat jump on Noemfoor Island in July 1944 and leaving New Guinea, the 503rd participated in the invasion of the Philippine Islands and conducted an amphibious landing on Mindoro in December 1944. Jones was put in charge of the "Rock Force" (503rd PRCT plus 3rd Battalion, 34th U.S. Infantry) which liberated Corregidor Island by a combined parachute assault and amphibious landing in February 1945. Jones and his Regimental Combat Team moved on to Negros Island, where they fought Imperial Marines and other Japanese forces until well after October, 1945, as a core of Japanese commanders refused to surrender. After the last Japanese units surrendered, the 503rd was disbanded and he took the Headquarters back to California where the unit was officially deactivated and the colors cased.
At 08:33 on 16 February, barely three minutes late from their intended time, and facing 16-18 knot winds over the drop zones, the first of one thousand troopers of the 503rd PRCT based at Mindoro, began dropping out of C-47 troop carriers of the US Thirteenth Air Force and to float down on the surprised Japanese defenders, remnants of Maj. Gen. Rikichi Tsukada's "Kembu Group" at the two tiny go-point areas of Topside's western heights. However, some paratroopers were blown back into Japanese held territory. No troopers drowned, although some who were unable to climb the cliffs through hostile territory, or had fallen close to the rocks, had to be rescued near Wheeler Point.
The fog and a lack of signals from the ground meant that the 509th PIB and the 463rd Field Artillery, the first American units to drop, were scattered. Two companies of the 509th and two batteries of artillery landed on the correct drop zone at 04:30, but one infantry company and two artillery batteries landed south of St. Tropez, nearly fifteen miles to the southeast. The 517th PRCT fared worse, with none of the troops landing on their assigned drop zone. Arriving from about 04:35, most of the 1st Battalion, 517th PIR, were scattered between Trans-en-Provence, four miles to the northwest, and Lorgues, six miles farther west. Most of the 2nd Battalion landed one or two miles northwest of Le Muy, but about a third of the battalion found themselves east and northeast of the town. The 3rd Battalion dropped about twelve to fourteen miles northeast of Le Muy, while a battery of the 460th Field Artillery landed just northwest of Fréjus, twelve miles southeast. Many others were scattered far and wide in ones and twos.
The failure of the British artillery support to arrive early in the day meant that Le Muy remained in enemy hands, but the British secured the high ground along both sides of the Argens River east of Le Muy, and also the high ground to the north, establishing road blocks and patrols, while the 517th PRCT occupied the hills overlooking the Toulon-Saint-Raphaël corridor in the vicinity of Les Arcs, five miles west of Le Muy, and the 509th dug in on the high ground south of Les Muy with eleven 75 mm guns in position overlooking the town. The first contact with ground forces was made that evening about 20:30 when troops of the 509th PIB met a patrol from the U.S. 45th Division's reconnaissance troop. An attempt to capture Le Muy was mounted by the 550th GIB after dark, but the attack failed and the battalion withdrew to wait until morning. Except for the seizure of the town, the 1ABTF completed its D-Day objectives, establishing a strong blocking position along the Argens Valley and isolating the beachhead. The scattered parachute drop did not appreciably affect the operation and may have helped confuse the Germans as to the objectives of both the airborne and amphibious assaults.