Synonyms for pypard or Related words with pypard

gosbeck              prescote              clyffe              bucklesham              beausale              worston              wrestlingworth              charndon              pertenhall              walesby              burstock              longcot              buckerell              grittleton              llancillo              souldrop              swalcliffe              colkirk              stawley              hackthorn              kneesworth              tincleton              halstock              grindale              whissonsett              fryerning              hogsthorpe              hevingham              colesden              discoed              figheldean              hundleby              teversham              earsham              felmersham              chilcombe              skeyton              guestwick              biddlesden              shotteswell              knapwell              athelington              burmington              meppershall              garsdon              austerson              holbeton              hauxton              redmarley              burghill             



Examples of "pypard"
The civil parish of Broad Town was created in 1884 by combining parts of Clyffe Pypard and Broad Hinton parishes. Until then, Broad Town and Thornhill were tithings of Clyffe Pypard.
RAF Clyffe Pypard is a former Royal Air Force training station which was located south of Royal Wootton Bassett, on high ground to the south of the village of Clyffe Pypard.
Clyffe Pypard is a village and civil parish about south of Royal Wootton Bassett in North Wiltshire, England.
Bushton is a hamlet about south of Royal Wootton Bassett in Wiltshire, England. It is in the civil parish of Clyffe Pypard.
The parish church, Christ Church, was built in 1844-45 with funding from the Marchioness of Ailesbury (who later provided the estate church, St Katherine's, at Tottenham House) and from the local Goddard family. Until the church was built, Broad Town was a tithing of Clyffe Pypard; the area served by the new church comprised parts of the ecclesiastical parishes of Clyffe Pypard and Broad Hinton.
In 1086 the Domesday Book recorded an estate at Bushton, held by the Bishop of Winchester. By the 17th century the manor of Bushton had become a tithing of Clyffe Pypard parish.
An electoral ward of the same name exists. The ward stretches south east from the "Lyneham" area to incorporate the Clyffe Pypard parish. The total ward population taken from the 2011 census was 5,460.
A National School was built at Clyffe Pypard in 1850, and in 1954 became a voluntary controlled school. Pupil numbers declined and the school closed in 1978, with its 24 children transferred to schools at Broad Town and Broad Hinton.
His memorial service was held at the Church of Christ the King, Bloomsbury, the following December, with the memorial address being given by Alec Clifton-Taylor, a friend of 50 years. He is buried in the churchyard of St Peter, Clyffe Pypard, in Wiltshire. His younger son, Tom, was a film producer and director who went on to work on several James Bond films.
The Goddard family were established at Upper Upham House, near Aldbourne, from at least the late 15th century. From 1563 until 1927, the family were lords of the manor of Swindon, living on the Goddard Estate in The Lawns. Other important manors included Clyffe Pypard and Ogbourne St George in Wiltshire, Standen at Hungerford in Berkshire and Stargroves at East Woodhay in Hampshire.
In the 1550s, Standen Manor in Hungerford was bought by John Goddard of Upper Upham House and it became one of the family's favourite homes. The family purchased Clyffe Pypard Manor in Wiltshire around the same time and divided their time between the two. They were associated with the place for about 150 years.
The ancient name of White Cleeve (or ""Clive"" in the Domesday Book) refers to the chalk escarpment that traverses the parish. The ancient parish had five tithings: Clyffe Pypard, Broad Town, Bushton, Thornhill, and Woodhill (which included Bupton). In 1884, Broad Town and Thornhill were transferred to the newly created Broad Town civil parish.
However, owing to the opening of the Gerard Buxton Sports Ground in May 1930 and the desire for it to have tenants alongside the town cricket club, the football club was revived. Starting in the Calne & District League, Bassett had much early success, finishing runners-up in 1930-31 before going on to win the league on three occasions. The division featured teams from numerous surrounding villages such as Clyffe Pypard, Bushton and Lyneham – a stark contrast to the sides Bassett competed against three decades earlier.
There has been a church at Clyffe Pypard since the 13th century. Pevsner writes that the Church of England parish church of St Peter is "in a lovely position below a wooded stretch of the cliff". The building is from the 15th century but the chancel was rebuilt in 1860 by William Butterfield, who carried out further restoration for the Goddard family in 1873–74. The organ installed in 1873 is by Eustace Ingram. In 1955 the church was designated as Grade I listed.