Synonyms for rossinver or Related words with rossinver
Examples of "rossinver"
A 9th Century Grave slab lies in
Church yard and Lisdarush Iron Age Fort and abbey are nearby.
Community Development Company (RCDC) decided to restore the walk in keeping with the original vision.
Bus Éireann route 470 serves the village on Fridays and Saturdays providing links to Manorhamilton, Sligo,
Reputedly named after a one-time local landowner in the
area, Fowley's Falls must be one of the best kept secrets of North Leitrim.
The R281 road links into the R282 road between
and the B53 to Garrison, County Fermanagh. The R281 continues along the southern shores of Lough Melvin to Kinlough. The R281 road is in County Leitrim.
The R282 is a Regional road in Ireland connecting the N16 in Manorhamilton with
(links R281 to Kinlough) and across the border around Lough Melvin as the B53 into Garrison, County Fermanagh.
The R280 road links the town to Bundoran, Co. Donegal and to Carrick-on-Shannon in Co. Leitrim. The R282 road links the town to
and continues across the border as the B53 to Garrison, County Fermanagh.
The B53 is a relatively short road linking the village of Garrison, County Fermanagh and the B52 (which links Belleek to Belcoo) and then continues along the shores of Lough Melvin and over the border towards
and Manorhamilton in County Leitrim as the R282.
From Kinlough the road passes along the south shore of Lough Melvin before joining the R282 near
. After about the R281 leaves the R282 towards Kiltyclogher. In Kiltyclogher, a monument to Seán Mac Diarmada, a leader of the 1916 Easter Rising, occupies the roundabout junction with the R283. From here the road continues southeast to end in Glenfarne. The road is long.
The club is based in the village of Kinlough and draws its members from the parish of Kinlough/Glenade and part of the parish of Ballaghmeehan. Contained within the four areas are Tullaghan, Askill,
, Glenaniff and Ballintrillick. Although Ballintrillick is in County Sligo, it is half the parish of Glenade and over the years it has provided many members for Melvin Gaels.
Saint Máedóc ( 6th & 7th century), also known as Mogue () and Aidan (; ; and ""), was an Irish saint, founder and first bishop of Ferns in County Wexford and a patron of other churches, such as
in County Leitrim and Drumlane in County Cavan.
Local bands also played in the Rainbow such as Breffni Dance Band from Glenfarne, The Emerald Valley Band from
, The Rhythm Swing Band from Glencar, Kevin Woods Band Drumshanbo, Frank Murray's Band From Carrick-on-Shannon, The Starlight Band, Derrylin, The Red Sunbeam from Swanlinbar, Pat O'Hara and his band from Strandhill, The Golden Eagle from Glangevlin and many others.
Achininver, "Inbhir Air" (Ayr formerly "Inberair" etc.), "Inbhir Bhrùra" (Brora), "Inbhir Chalain" (Kalemouth), "Inbhir Eireann" (Findhorn), "Inbhir Eighe" (Eyemouth), "Inbhir Ghrainnse" (Grangemouth), "Inbhir Nàrann" (Nairn), "Inbhir Pheofharain" (Dingwall), "Inbhir Theòrsa", "Inbhir Ùige" (Wick), Innerleithen, Innerleven, Innerwick (in Perth and Kinross), Inver, Inverarnan, Inverallan, Inveraldie, Inveralmond Inveramsay, Inveran, Inveraray, Inverbervie, Inverclyde, Inveresk, Inverfarigaig, Invergarry, Invergordon, Invergowrie, Inverhaddon (or Innerhaddon), Inverkeilor, Inverkeithing, Inverkeithney, Inverkip, Inverleith, Inverlochlarig, Invermoriston, Inverness, Inveroran, Invershin, Inversnaid, Invertrossachs, Inverugie, Inverurie, Kilninver, Lochinver,
The North Leitrim area features many pre-historic sites of interest. Very accessible is the nearby O'Donnell's Rock plateau where many well-preserved stone forts and passage tombs are located. Cairns and other tombs are also visible on Benbo Mountain and at the summits of virtually all the surrounding mountains. On lower ground the remains of ringforts, cashels, tombs and many other structures are dotted throughout the landscape. Lisdarush Ring Fort is a well-preserved Iron Age site which can be seen just off the
road approximately from Manorhamilton.
or Rosinver () is a small village in north County Leitrim, Ireland. The village is at the southern shore of Lough Melvin. The lake is home to two unusual species of trout - the "Gillaroo" and the "Sonaghan" - as well as the common brown trout. There is a fishery at Eden Quay and boats and gillies are available locally. There are some excellent walks in the area, in particular the mile long river walk to Fowley's Falls on the Glenaniff River which follows a series of waterfalls.
Aedan is credited as the founder of thirty churches and a number of monasteries. The first of these monasteries was on the island of his birth, now the site of 18th-century ruins and burial ground. (The clay or mortar from the ruins of the church is said to provide protection against fire or drowning and is kept by many local people in their homes.) Other monasteries include Drumlane (near Milltown in County Cavan); at Ferns in County Wexford; at Dissert-Nairbre in County Waterford; and at
near the site of his death. The church of Llawhaden in Pembrokeshire, Wales, also commemorates him near the site of a ford he supposedly discovered while leading his oxen.
On the death of Seoán Ó Raghillaigh II, the Bishop of Kilmore, in 1476, Cormac Mác Shamhradháin was appointed as the new bishop on 4 November 1476 by Pope Sixtus IV.On the same date the Pope gave him a dispensation for his illegitimacy. Due to the small revenues of the diocese, Cormac was also allowed to retain his office of Prior of Drumlane. On 6 November 1476 Cormac was licensed to be consecrated as bishop by whichever bishops he chose. However immediate objections were raised to his appointment (perhaps because of the fact that he was illegitimate), which resulted in a schism which would disrupt the Diocese of Kilmore for the next 35 years. When the Archbishop of Armagh Ottaviano Spinelli de Palatio held his first Provincial Council at Drogheda in July 1480, neither Cormac nor his rival and successor Tomás Mac Brádaigh was present at the Council. As a result of the objections, Cormac’s appointment as Bishop of Kilmore was revoked on 20 October 1480 and Tomás Mac Brádaigh, the Archdeacon of Kilmore, was appointed as the new bishop by Pope Sixtus IV. The Pope of course had already given Cormac dispensation for his illegitimacy when appointed bishop so the decision may best be viewed as a political struggle between the Lords of West Kilmore, the O’Rourkes, who backed the candidacy of their client sept of the McGoverns against the Lords of East Kilmore, the O’Reillys, who backed their client sept of the Bradys for the bishopric. Cormac however did not accept the decision and appealed the matter on several occasions and still asserted himself as Bishop of Kilmore at his death in December 1511. On 25 November 1482 Primate Octavian arranged a meeting between the two rivals at Inismor in Lough Gowna in order to come to a settlement. At the meeting, in return for certain payments from Tomás Mac Brádaigh, Cormac undertook to renounce all his emoluments from the two rural deaneries of Drumlane and
Dartry and also to refrain from seeking any further apostolic letters against the new bishop and to abide by the pledges given on his behalf by any nobles or poets. In the document Cormac is referred to as Prior of Drumlane. On 21 November 1483 the Consistorial Archives refer to Cormac as Electus Kilmorensis which probably meant Cormac was regarded as the Deputy Bishop of Kilmore with some rights, perhaps being in charge of the Breifne O’Rourke part of the Diocese from Drumlane westwards. The confusion about who was bishop was still ongoing in 1487 where the preface to the Thebaid of Statius stated- ""This book was written a.d. 1487… and at the same period there were two bishops in the bishopric of Kilmore, to wit, Cormac, son of the bishop Magauran, and Thomas son of Andrew MacBrady, each one of them alleging that he himself is bishop there"."
Copyright © 2017