Synonyms for schnackenburg or Related words with schnackenburg
Examples of "schnackenburg"
The Polabian name of
is "Godegord" (also spelled "Godegür" in older German reference material), probably from "god" (< Slavic *"gadă") ‘snake’ and "gord" (< Slavic *"gordă") ‘fortress’, ‘town’. The German name
appears to be derived from Low Saxon "Snaak" or "Snack" ‘snake’ (plural "Snaken" or "Snacken") and "Borg" ‘fortress’, ‘town’.
was a member of the International Theological Commission (ITC), wrote numerous books (including a commentary on the Gospel of John) and worked on the translation of the German Einheitsübersetzung of the Bible.
Modern criticism can be broken down into three main sections: (1) Foundations with Bauer to Braun (1934–1935), (2) Heyday with
to Koester (1959–60), (3) Uneasy supremacy from Hengel to Hangel (1989–2000).
(5 January 1914 – 28 August 2002) was a German Catholic priest and New Testament scholar. Joseph Ratzinger referred to him as "probably the most significant German-speaking Catholic exegete of the second half of the twentieth century."
Jacques de l'Ange was only rediscovered in 1994 by the scholar Bernhard
when he was able to link the painting of the "Holy Family" in the Noordbrabants Museum in 's-Hertogenbosch signed with the monogram JAD to a number of other Caravaggesque paintings. Previously Jacques de l'Ange was only known as the ‘Monogrammist JAD’ because he signed his paintings with just these initials.
The Aland is a river in the German states of Lower Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt, left tributary of the Elbe. It is the continuation of the river Biese (downstream from Seehausen), which is the continuation of the river Milde. The Aland is long, whereas the total Milde-Biese-Aland system is long. The Aland flows into the Elbe in
On 28 January 1964 he received his doctorate degree in theology from Professor Rudolf
, and then worked as an assistant professor at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. In 1965, Degenhardt became university chaplain at the "Pädagogische Hochschule Westfalen/Lippe" in Paderborn and then in February of the same year, he became diocese representative of the "Katholisches Bibelwerk".
spent his childhood in Liegnitz and finished secondary school there (at the "Gymnasium Johanneum") in 1932. He then studied philosophy and theology at the universities of Breslau and Munich. In 1937 he earned his doctoral degree from the University of Breslau for a dissertation written under Friedrich Wilhelm Maier on "faith" in the Gospel of John. In the same year, he was ordained a priest by Adolf Cardinal Bertram and began pastoral work in Silesia until he was expelled from there in 1946, after World War II. He then earned his Habilitation (Dr. habil.) in New Testament Exegesis in 1947 with the work "Das Heilsgeschehen bei der Taufe nach dem Apostel Paulus" ("The Salvation through Baptism according to the Apostle Paul"). His Habilitation was also completed under Friedrich Wilhelm Maier, now at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, and
was then made Privatdozent there in 1948. From 1952 he was Lecturer in New Testament Exegesis at the Philosophisch-Theologischen Hochschule Dillingen. In 1955,
was made full professor in Bamberg. From 1957 until 1982, he was Professor of New Testament at the University of Würzburg. After his retirement, he provided pastoral care in a retirement home and also worked with the Community of Sant'Egidio.
Whether the more powerful one coming after is a reference to God or Jesus is a matter of debate. After this verse Jesus immediately enters the narrative, and the corporeal metaphor of carrying his shoes would seem to describe a human figure. On the other hand, this violent imagery contradicts the idea of the Messiah as a bringer of peace.
argues the wording in this passage is deliberately obscure between the two options.
The main cemetery of Altona was planned from 1913 by Ferdinand Tutenberg, Director of Gardens of the then District of Altona. The new facility, designed as a central cemetery for the whole of Altona, was to replace the existing small church burial grounds and with its generous area of green to provide an appropriately contemporary element of town planning. Construction began in spring 1920; the first burial took place on 2 October 1923, even before the official opening on 1 November 1923. The address was given by the Mayor of Altona, Bernhard
, three months before his untimely death from typhus.
Between 1945 and 1990
served as West German inner German border crossing for inland navigation on the Elbe. The crossing was open for freight vessels navigating between Czechoslovakia, the Soviet Zone of occupation in Germany (till 1949, thereafter the East German Democratic Republic), or West Berlin and the British zone of occupation (till 1949) and thereafter the West German Federal Republic of Germany. The traffic was subject to the Interzonal traffic regulations, that between West Germany and West Berlin followed the special regulations of the Transit Agreement (1972).
The level of detail that the author of the Gospel According to John adds to this section is to former Bishop of Durham Brooke Foss Westcott evidence that the author was an eyewitness. C. H. Dodd argues that, having already reached the narrative climax with the crucifixion scene, these later sections deliberately slow down the narrative to act as dénouement.
interprets the level of detail as apologetic in origin, though he does regard the details concerning the placement of the grave clothes to be an attempt to disprove the allegation that Jesus' tomb had simply been robbed, rather than as an attempt to assert a Christology.
This is the only time in the Gospel of John that angels appear. Rationalist critics believe that there were never any angels and that they were a later embellishment to the tale.
is one who believes the angels were a later addition to the narrative. He argues they were added to reinforce the evidence that the body of Jesus was gone. By indicating that the angles were sitting where the head and feet of Jesus were it shows that a full examination of the spot had been conducted. This also explains why the angels are so quickly forgotten later in the chapter.
is a town in the Lüchow-Dannenberg district, in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated on the left bank of the Elbe. It is part of the "Samtgemeinde" ("collective municipality") Gartow. Lying at the easternmost projection of Lower Saxony, the town is bordered on all sides except the west by territory that was formerly East Germany. It is the least densely populated town ("Stadt") in what was West Germany, although there are nine towns in what was formerly East Germany that are less densely populated (mostly in Brandenburg).
The border also ran along part of the length of three major rivers of central Germany: the Elbe between Lauenburg and
(around ), the Werra and the Saale. The river borders were especially problematic; although the Western Allies and West Germany held that the demarcation line ran along the eastern bank, the East Germans and Soviets insisted that it was located in the middle of the river (the Thalweg principle). In practice, the waterways were shared 50/50 but the navigation channels often strayed across the line. This led to tense confrontations as East or West German vessels sought to assert their right to free passage on the waterways.
Parker suggested that this disciple might be John Mark; nonetheless, the Acts of the Apostles indicate that John Mark was very young and a late-comer as a disciple. J. Colson suggested that "John" was a priest in Jerusalem, explaining the alleged priestly mentality in the fourth gospel. R.
suggested that "John" was an otherwise unknown resident of Jerusalem who was in Jesus' circle of friends. The "Gospel of Philip" and the "Gospel of Mary" identify Mary Magdalene as the disciple whom Jesus loved, a connection that has been analyzed by Esther de Boer and made notorious in the fictional "The Da Vinci Code". Finally, a few authors, such as Loisy and Bultmann and Hans-Martin Schenke, see "the Beloved Disciple" as a purely symbolic creation, an idealized pseudonym for the group of authors.
The dramatic conclusion of the episcopate of Lercaro in Bologna and the departure of Dossetti for the Middle East did not terminate the experience of San Vitale: on the contrary, once the idea of becoming a part of the university was set aside, the research group of which Pino Alberigo was the soul and motor became bigger, becoming at the beginning of the 1970s a reference point for the formation of a generation of scholars in the most different disciplines of the historical and religious branches and the great masters of that epoch (Roger Aubert, Henri Chadwick, Eugenio Corecco, De Halleux, Georg Kretschmar, Alois Grillmeier, Rudolf
, Brian Tierney, Jean-Marie Tillard, Robert Trisco and others).
Two waterways via the rivers and canals Havel and Mittellandkanal were open for inland navigation, but only freight vessels were allowed to cross from West Berlin into East German waters. The Havel crossed at the East German border in Nedlitz (a part of Potsdam-Bornstedt), continuing through the Elbe-Havel Canal and then either taking the Elbe northwestwards crossing the border again at Cumlosen (E)/
(W) or westwards following the Mittellandkanal to Buchhorst (Oebisfelde) (E)/Rühen (W). Western freight vessels could stop only at dedicated service areas, because the East German government wanted to prevent any East Germans from boarding them. Through these waterways, West Berlin was connected with the western European inland navigation network, connecting to seaports like Hamburg and Rotterdam, as well as industrial areas such as the Ruhr Area, Mannheim, Basel, Belgium, and eastern France.
Copyright © 2017