Synonyms for shrule or Related words with shrule
Examples of "shrule"
Abbey is located to the southwest of
village, north of the Black River and south of St. Colman's Church.
barony was formed from was formed from parts of the territories of Moybrawne (
), Clanconnor and Muintergalgan. Moybrawne was anciently part of a territory known as Bregmaine, or Mag Bregmaine, in Cenél Maine.
The neighbouring civil parishes are:
(County Longford) to the north, Noughaval to the north–east,
Abbey is a former monastery and National Monument located in County Mayo, Ireland.
is located in southeast County Longford, on the lower reaches of the River Inny.
(), sometimes called Abbeyshrule, is a barony in County Longford, Republic of Ireland.
takes its name from Abbeyshrule (Irish "Mainistir Shruthla", "abbey by the stream").
Caherduff Castle is located southwest of
, on the west bank of the Black River.
Saint Joseph's Church in
is a Roman Catholic church in the Diocese of Galway, Kilmacduagh and Kilfenora.
-Glencorrib were relegated to the Intermediate ranks for 2016 after 12 years as a senior club.
-Glencorrib GAA is a Gaelic football club based in the village of
on the County Mayo side of the border with County Galway. The club is focused exclusively on the game of Gaelic football. It takes part in competitions organized by Mayo GAA county board.
was formerly under the jurisdiction of Cong Abbey, then in 1152 it was placed under Annaghdown Abbey. The abbey was replaced by St. Colman's Church (Teampall Cholmain) c. 1200 as the main place of worship in
. Clogvanaha is mentioned in the ecclesiastical taxation of 1306.
Castle (, ) is a ruined tower castle near
in County Mayo, Ireland. The castle was built in c.1238, near the Black River at the County Mayo and County Galway border by the de Burgh family. It was given to John de Burgh in 1308 by his father Richard Óg de Burgh, 2nd Earl of Ulster.
Rathconrath (barony of Rathconrath) to the south and Agharra (barony of
, County Longford) and Rathreagh (barony of Ardagh, County Longford) to the west.
Níc Aodha is a native of
, County Mayo, and currently lives in County Galway. She writes in Irish and English.
He was the fifth son of Gerald Fitzgerald of Coolanawle, Queen's County, by his wife Mary, daughter of Sir Robert Hartpole, of
Castle in Queen's County. He lived at Kilminchy Castle, Port Laoise, and Mount Offaly, County Kildare.
O’Dowd was born in Cahernabruck,
, County Mayo, ninth of twelve children of James O'Dowd (died 1960) and Sarah O'Sullivan (died 1972). He was educated locally and worked as a teenager in a general merchant's store in Ballinrobe.
The Black River (; OSI grid ref: ) is a river in Connacht in Ireland. For much of its length it forms the border between County Galway and County Mayo. It flows past
, and drains into Lough Corrib.
The ruin of
Castle, a fortification built by the Norman de Burgo family, dominates the view of the village as approached from the Galway side. The ruin is unsafe and closed to the public.
He co founded the Maynooth Mission to China with Fr. Edward Galvin. In 1918 he founded St Columban's College, Dalgan Park,
, Co. Galway, as the seminary for the Society, which in 1941 moved to Navan, Co. Meath.
Copyright © 2017