Synonyms for skeagh or Related words with skeagh
Examples of "skeagh"
measures about long north–south and wide. It is located about northwest of Bailieborough.
Cairn is located 5.8 km (3.6 mi) northwest of Skibbereen. A ring barrow is located 20 m (70 ft) to the north.
Rathconrath civil parish comprises the village of Rathconrath and 34 townlands: Ballard, Ballinlug, Ballyglass, Ballynacarrow, Balrath, Bifurze, Castlegaddery, Cleggarnagh, Corkan, Davidstown, Farthingstown, Irishtown, Jordanstown, Killahugh, Kilpatrick, Lisnacask, Loughan, Luggygalla, Milltown, Modranstown, Paddinstown Lower, Paddinstown Upper, Parcellstown, Pishanagh, Rathcaled, Rathcastle, Rathconrath, Rathduff, Rathtrim, Rowlandstown, Sheean, Simonstown,
Fish species in Upper Lough
include roach, perch, bream, pike, and the critically endangered European eel. The lake is also a public water supply.
is a freshwater lake in the northeast of Ireland. It is located in County Cavan in the catchment of the River Boyne.
The townland name is an anglicisation of the Gaelic placename "Muc Lach" which means ‘A place where pigs feed’. The oldest surviving mention of the name is in the 1609 Ulster Plantation map where it is spelled ‘Mucklogh’. In the 17th century it was split into two townlands, Mucklagh and
(which is Gaelic for "The Whitethorn Bush") but
was later subsumed into Mucklagh.
" was granted to Michael, Lord Balfour by King James I and re-granted to James, Lord Balfour, from Fife, Scotland, in 1620, in the Plantation of Ulster. In 1618/19 Captain Nicholas Pynnar reported that Balfour had begun his building at Castle-
. The village of Lisnaskea developed around it. The castle was altered in 1652 and damaged in 1689. The last person to possess and inhabit the Castle was James Haire (1737-1833) who leased the castle from Earl Erne. James Haire and his family ceased to occupy the castle after it was destroyed by an arson-based fire in 1803. His mother, Mrs. Phoebe Haire, was killed by the fire. It is believed that the perpetrator of the fire was a member of the Maguire clan. Major conservation and restoration was undertaken in the 1960s and further conservation work was completed in the late 1990s.
Saintfield Parks, Saint John's Point, Salt Island, Salt Marsh Islands, Salt Rock, Sandy Island, Saul, Saul Quarter, Scady Rocks, Scarva, Scrabo, Scrib, Seafin, Seaforde Demesne, Seavaghan, Shamrock Island, Shankill, Shanrod, Shark Island, Sheelah's Island, Sheepland Beg, Shones, Shooters Island, Simmy Island,
, Sketrick Island, Skillyscolban, Slanes, Slatady, Slievenaboley, Slievenagriddle, Slievenalargy, Slievenisky, Sloanstown, Small Park, South Island, South Sheelah's Island, Spittle Ballee, Spittle Quarter, Springvale, Stang, Stinking Rock, Stirk Isle, Strand, Strangford Lower, Struell, Swan Island, Swan Rock
Sallaghy, Salloon, Sallow Island, Sally Island, Sally Islands, Sallysgrove, Salry, Sam's Island, Samsonagh, Sandhill, Sandholes, Scaffog, Scandally, Scardans Lower, Scattered Rocks, Screegan Island, Screevagh, Scribbagh, Scribby, Sessiagh East, Sessiaghs, Sessiagh West, Shallany, Shanaghy, Shanco, Shankill, Shanmullagh, Shannock, Shanraa, Shanvally, Shave Island, Shean, Sheebeg, Sheehinny, Sheemuldoon, Sheeny, Sheepwalk, Sheetrim, Sheridan, Shillanmore, Sidaire, Silverhill, Skea,
, Skeoge, Skreen, Skrinny, Slapragh, Slattinagh, Slawin, Slee, Slievebane, Slisgarrow, Slush Hill, Smith's Rock, Snowhill, Spring Grove, Springtown, Sraharory, Srahenny, Srameen Island, Sraniff, Sruhanure, Staff Island, Starraghan, St Catherine's or Rossdagamph, Stonefort, Stonepark, Stony Islands, Stragolan, Stragole, Stallion Cowes Island, Stragowna, Stralahan, Stralustrin, Stramatt, Stranacally, Stranadarriff, Stranafeley, Stranahone, Strananerriagh, Stratonagher, Stratore, Stripe, Strongbow Island, Stumpys Hill, Summerhill
RIC records from 1890 show that Hazlehatch Irish Harpers, based on Lord Concurry's field near
, had 70 members with officers listed as Ambrose Dwyer, Christy Fitzsimons, Michael Saunders and John Cantwell. John Buggle is listed as an officer with Kilteel King O'Tooles club. Thomas Kenny from Ardclough bore the nickname "The Harper" Kenny all his life. An Ardclough club competed in the 1924-27 championships. The current club was founded at a meeting in Mick Treacy's workshop in 1936, growing out of an under-14 team organised by Fr O'Brien at Ardclough national school, and the hurling club founded by Mick Houlihan in 1949.
Saint Cunning, Sallagh, Savagh, Scaryhill, Scolboa, Scotchomerbane, Seacash, Seacon Beg, Seacon More, Sea Gull Isle, Semicock, Seneirl, Shaneoguestown, Shanes, Shane's Castle, Shane's Castle Park, Shaninish, Sharvogues, Sheegy Island, Sheep Island, Shellfield, Shelton North, Sheriff's Land, Shillanavogy, Skady Tower,
, Sker Beg, Sker More, Skerry East, Skerrywhirry, Skilganaban, Slaght, Slane, Slate House, Sleans, Slievebane, Slievenacloy, Slievenagh, Slievenaghy, Slievenagravery, Smallquarter, Solar, South Island Ean, Spring Farm, Spring Mount, Stackaboy, Stackahorlin, Stackaniska, Stacknacally, Stacknaderginan, Staffordstown, Stanalane, Steedstown, Steeple, Stiles, Stony Hill, Straid, Straidballymorris, Straidbilly, Straidhavern, Straidnahanna, Stranocum, Strawpark, Stroan, Stroan Lower, Swan Island
In 1983 the seat was radically cut down as part of an expansion of Northern Ireland's constituencies from 12 to 17. Significant parts of the constituency were transferred to either Upper Bann or Newry and Armagh. The composition of the seat in 1983 was the entire district of Down, the Annaclone, Ballyoolymore, Croob, Dromore, Drumadonnell, Garran, Quilly and
electoral wards of Banbridge, and the Annalong, Ballycrossan, Binnian, Clonallan, Cranfield, Donaghmore, Drumgath, Kilkeel, Lisnacree, Rathfriland, Rostrevor, Seaview, and Spelga wards from Newry and Mourne.
In 1605 Captain Richard Tyrrell bought the Calva estate from Cormac Magauran. He sold the estate to Walter Talbot, a recusant servitor who was the son of James Talbot of Agherskeethe (now Augherskea), County Meath and a burgess of Cavan Corporation, before 1609 but the title was defective. However, in the Plantation of Ulster in 1609 Sir Arthur Chichester, the Lord Deputy of Ireland, allowed Talbot to keep his estate as he had begun bringing in settlers and building houses. It was regranted to Talbot as the Manor of Calva. The lands granted were the town of Ballyconnell and the surrounding townlands of Derrogeny, one poll; Killog, one poll; Gortulleran, one poll; Mucklagh, one poll;
, one poll; Gortewey, one poll; Rathkillin, one poll; Downe, one poll; Enagh, one poll; Townaciateragh, one poll; Cowlynan, one poll; Cloughan, one poll; Cavan, 2 polls; Mullaghduffe, 2 polls; Kilcloghan, 2 polls; Carraghmore, 4 polls; Nahownee, 2 polls; Ardagh, one poll; Rosbreassell, one poll; Crosse, 2 polls; Kildannagh, 2 polls; Kiltragh, one poll; Knocks, one poll; Killenawe, one poll; Dowerhannagh, one poll; Uzren, one poll; Nidd, one poll; Bartony, 2 polls; Dromyne, one poll; Cavanickehall, one poll and Barrin, 2 polls.
Copyright © 2017