Synonyms for streetlighting or Related words with streetlighting

downlighting              streetlamps              downlights              systemsportable              streetlamp              torchiere              grolux              wallwash              systemsautomotive              streetscaping              sconce              plugload              lamplight              gaslights              troffers              uplighting              andcabin              dcorcabinet              uplight              lightings              lampposts              intercanopy              unnecessaryfor              floodlight              metalhalide              tracklights              nightlights              streetlights              retrofits              arealights              sconces              luminare              applicationsgreen              luminary              downlight              lightbulbs              harison              anddecorative              streetscapes              scialytic              tubsoutdoor              dimmable              loadstemperature              sufficeprovided              cablesyellowgas              downlighters              nutritteck              cctlls              hakadar              floodlights             



Examples of "streetlighting"
Electricity has been reestablished for streetlighting to parts of Port-au-Prince.
Delmas was affected by the 12 January 2010 earthquake. On 1 February 2010, electricity was restored for streetlighting in Delmas.
Fledgling shearwaters are disoriented by bright lights, and problems with crash-landing birds have prompted the Kaikoura District Council to try new streetlighting which can be adjusted during fledging times.
"On Hampstead Hill" is considered one of Grimshaw's finest works, exemplifying his skill with a variety of light sources, in capturing the mood of the passing of twilight into night. In his later career his urban scenes under twilight or yellow streetlighting were popular with his middle-class patrons.
In particular, under Ryan the Illuminating Engineering Laboratory developed the ornamental streetlighting scheme called the White Way after Broadway, and General Electric promoted it to towns and cities. The first installation was on Broadway Avenue in Los Angeles in 1905. Ryan described it as a way to provide "cosmopolitan atmosphere and dignified aesthetic effects".
For purposes of the traditional purpose exemption, Proposition 218 expressly defines the terms “capital costs” and “maintenance and operation expenses.” In 1999, a California appellate court interpreted the traditional purpose exemption to also include streetlighting. Any subsequent increases in a traditional purpose assessment must comply with the procedures and approval process contained in Section 4 of Article XIII D.
The development of agriculture continued with the establishment of a flour mill in 1873. The mill was operational until 1917 and in 1920 the mill was relocated to Mildura. Gas streetlighting was established in Tarnagulla in 1869 and operated until the arrival of electricity in the town in 1950.
In 1982, the entire Silverliner line was discontinued, when Cooper Lighting bought Westinghouse's streetlighting division. Today, Cooper still makes the OV-50, now called the OVL. It also continues to manufacture the OV-15 and OV-25 models for sale in Canada.
"On Hampstead Hill" is considered one of Grimshaw's finest works, exemplifying his skill with a variety of light sources, in capturing the mood of the passing of twilight into night. In his later career his urban scenes under twilight or yellow streetlighting were popular with his middle-class patrons.
More new manufacturers entered the streetlighting industry. ITT (also known as American Electric, or ITT/American Electric) developed two new fixtures, the Model 13 and Model 25. The Model 25 was later the basis for a larger lookalike, the Model 327. All three fixtures had a boxy look that usually sported grinning diffusers, a nod to the OV-15s and M250s. (Of the three fixtures, only the Model 327 is still in production.)
Ceramic discharge metal halide lamps promised to be the next step in streetlighting, replacing old mercury vapor and high pressure sodium lamps, especially where a more clear white with better CRI (78–96) and light color retention was desired. CDM lamps give five times more light than comparable tungsten incandescent light bulbs (80–117 lm/W). However, continuing refinements in LED technology have now surpassed most other lighting types.
All roads with streetlighting at intervals of 200 metres or less have by default a 50 km/h limit. Some mountain roads, most notably on Lantau Island, have a lower 30 km/h limit. However, some connecting main roads which are not classified as expressways also have the speed limit increased to 70 km/h and 80 km/h for a few other connecting roads. Many roads with this speed limit are bypasses.
GE and Cooper continued to take streetlighting to new heights. GE was a pioneer in the full-cutoff arena, when it created a spinoff of the popular M400 and the rarer M250 in 1975. This fixture is noted for its pointed front end and lack of a diffuser. In addition, high-mast assemblies were developed for the light towers that were springing up along Interstate highways.
Most of the streetlighting in the area is provided by low-level lawn lights and a few remaining illuminated street-name boxes. Unlike most other areas in Kanata, the underground wiring system in the Chimo Drive area is maintained by the city. As the circuits are nearly 40 years old and are reaching the end of their service life, local residents and the community association will be given a choice in the style of lights from a number of options in the city's new right-of-way lighting policy. This first happened in 2003 on Amundsen Crescent.
Under Giovanni Giolitti, in the early twentieth century, the Ministry became the key means of state action. It exercised watchful and strict control over the comuni and provinces, especially in matters of public order. In the arena of public health, it enforced a rationalisation of health laws in 1913, with the so-called "Sanitary Codex". In the social sphere, the prefectures were called upon to mediate in labour conflicts and improve working conditions, in collaboration with the government labour office, and to "municipalise" essential services like tramlines, streetlighting, kindergartens, etc. In this area too, their powers and administrative role expanded.
On April 28, 1981, the newly merged company was acquired by "Cooper Industries" of Houston, Texas after receiving approval at the Cooper shareholders meeting. Not long after, Cooper sold the traffic products division to "Traffic Control Technologies" of Liverpool, New York, who then sold the division to "Peek Traffic Transyt" of Tallahassee, Florida. In 1982, after Cooper bought out the streetlighting division of Westinghouse Electric Company, the Crouse-Hinds name was applied to the former Westinghouse-branded luminaires, which still continue to use the "OV" prefix today. In 1992, "Component Products Inc." purchased the patterns for "Crouse-Hinds" cabinets, mountings and bases from "Traffic Control Technologies".
Allerdale Borough Council provides refuse collection, streetlighting, and other modern amenities. The nearest primary schools are Allonby Primary School in Allonby and Holme St Cuthbert School near Mawbray, and the nearest secondary school is Beacon Hill Community School in Aspatria. Modern Salta is a predominantly Christian community, though the local Church is located at Holme St Cuthbert, several miles away. As at 2014, a bus service runs between Silloth and Workington on the B5300 approximately every two hours, and can be requested to make a stop at Dubmill, near Salta.
The Stikine Region is an unincorporated area in northwesternmost British Columbia, Canada and is the only area in B.C. not in a regional district. The Stikine Region was left unincorporated following legislation that established the province's regional districts in 1968 and is not classified as a regional district, and contains no municipal governments which normally constitute the majority of seats on the boards of regional districts. There is only one local planning area, the Atlin Community Planning Area, which was combined in 2009 with the Atlin Community Improvement District to provide fire, landfill, water, streetlighting, sidewalks and advisory land use services. All other services not provided privately are administered directly by various provincial government ministries. The area around Dease Lake, formerly in the Stikine Region, is now within the boundaries of the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine following a boundary amendment in 2008. Please see the revised Stikine Region map that shows the change in boundaries].
The city was rebuilt surprisingly quickly, with a greater use of brick and a brief fashion for Classical "white city" architecture in public buildings. A Technical Commission was established; a British engineer, William Lindley, proposed a reconstruction plan that was adopted with modifications (maintaining property lines rather than straightening all the streets) and designed a project to drain and develop the Hammerbrook area, which was built up with rubble from the fire. (Lindley had already been involved in planning the city's first railroad connection, the Hamburg-Bergedorf Railway Company, which had been due to open on May 7 and instead was put in service two days early to bring firefighters from elsewhere and evacuate survivors.) Building with wood was no longer permitted, firewalls and fireproof gables were mandated and regulations applied to chimneys and sources of ignition, and streets were widened. Merchants increasingly built separate warehouses near the docks, moved their residences to the suburbs, and from the 1880s on, constructed dedicated buildings called "Kontorhäuser" for their businesses. Lindley spearheaded the construction of sewers and a water supply, although the city declined to spend the money to sand-filter the river water, so that the water became notorious for its living and dead contents and contributed to the cholera epidemic of 1892. By 1870 a modern gas network and streetlighting were also in place. The fire-fighting system was reorganized; by 1866 a survey noted that there were two fire districts, a high-pressure water supply, and almost 2,000 hydrants.