Synonyms for tattam or Related words with tattam
Examples of "tattam"
(28 December 1788 – 8 January 1868, Stanford Rivers, Essex) was a Church of England clergyman and Coptic scholar.
The Bohairic translation was made in 1804 from the Sahidic text, and was published in 1848 by Henry
was the author of various theological and philological works, including several editions and translations of Coptic texts. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1835.
visited Egypt and the Holy Land in 1838-9, meeting the patriarch and acquiring Coptic and Syriac manuscripts for the British Library. He received honorary degrees from Trinity College Dublin, the University of Göttingen and the University of Leiden.
Lipscomb died on 9 November 1846, and was buried in the graveyard of St. George the Martyr, Southwark. He was a friend of Henry
, and cousin of William Lipscomb.
There is also an extensive co-curricular ensemble program, which allows students of all abilities to participate in making music. Some of these ensembles include: The MHS Chorale, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra,
Band, MHS Singers (Chamber Choir), Stage Band, Big Band, String Orchestra, Camerata, and Composition Ensemble.
was Rector of St Cuthbert's Bedford, 1822-1849, and from 1831 to 1849 also Rector of Great Woolstone, Buckinghamshire. He was Archdeacon of Bedford from 1845 to 1866, Rector of Stanford Rivers, Essex from 1849, and a Chaplain-in-Ordinary to the Queen from 1853.
The manuscript belonged to Archdeacon Henry
, and was purchased for the British Museum at the sale of his books. It was designated "tattamianus", by Boetticher. Horner used the manuscript in his edition of the Bohairic New Testament as a basis for the text of the Epistles and Acts.
Delwood Coaches started as Delwood Bus Company in 1958, whose owners were Jim Newport and Carl
. Newport later bought Tattam's share. In June 1958, the company purchased two routes from Trailer Tours, which was the tour and charter company of Parramatta-Ryde Bus Service.
in 1848 published the "The Apostolical Constitutions, or Canons of the Apostles", which includes the so-called "Alexandrine Sinodos" (or "Clementine Heptateuch") made of the Apostolic Church-Ordinance, the Egyptian Church Order and a free version of the eight book of the Apostolic Constitutions.
The letter is preserved in a 6th- or 7th-century manuscript ("BL Add." 14658) held by the British Library. Nineteenth-century records state that the manuscript containing this text was one of several manuscripts obtained by Henry
from the monastery of St. Mary Deipara in the Nitrian Desert of Egypt and acquired by the Library in 1843.
is preserved in a 6th or 7th century manuscript ("BL Add." 14658) held by the British Library, and was composed sometime between 73 AD and the 3rd century. Nineteenth century records state that the manuscript containing this text was one of several manuscripts obtained by Henry
from the monastery of St. Mary Deipara in the Nitrian Desert of Egypt and acquired by the Library in 1843. William Cureton published an English translation in 1855.
The original Greek text of the Apostolic Tradition has survived only in fragments; but the full Greek text circulated widely in the Eastern churches from the 4th century onwards, and is consequently found in translation in three ancient collections of the Church Orders, the Alexandrine Sinodos, the Aksumite Collection and the Verona Palimpsest. The Alexandrine Sinodos was re-discovered in the 19th century: a Bohairic Coptic version was published in 1848 by
, the earlier Sahidic Coptic version was published in 1883 by Paul de Lagarde, the Ethiopic and Arabic versions in 1904 by George William Horner. The text found in the Sahidic version was named by the publishers "Egyptian Church Order" and corresponds to what is now usually known as "Apostolic Tradition".
Andrews was born in Epping, near London, the fifth of eleven children of solicitor Richard Bullock Andrews sen. and his wife Emma Ann. Richard Bullock Andrews (1823–1884), best known as Justice Andrews of the Supreme Court of South Australia, was his eldest brother. After a few years preparing for a law degree he changed his mind and started training for the ministry at Radley College, near Oxford, though he was a sickly youth and little hope was held for his surviving long enough to take orders. His brother Richard had emigrated to South Australia in 1851, and encouraged by him, and sensing career opportunities, William and a younger brother set sail in the "Norna" on 27 April 1854 and arrived in Adelaide on July 28, 1854 with letters of introduction to Bishop Short from Dr.
of Essex, staying with brother Richard for a few weeks.
During the first half of the fifteenth century, the historian Al-Maqrizi visited the monastery and was responsible for identifying it as that of Saint Moses the Black. At that time, he found it to have only a few monks. Other famous visitors included Jean Coppin in 1638, Jean de Thévenot in 1657, Benoît de Maillet in 1692, Du Bernat in 1710, Claude Sicard in 1712, Sonnini in 1778, Lord Prudhoe in 1828, Lord Curzon in 1837,
in 1839, Tischendorf in 1845, Jullien in 1881 and Butler in 1883. Information from them and a few other travelers provide that there were 712 monks who lived in seven monasteries in this region, including twenty monks at the Paromeos Monastery in 1088, twelve monks in 1712, nine in 1799, seven in 1842, thirty in 1905, thirty-five in 1937, twenty in 1960 and forty-six in 1970. Today, the monastery is inhabited by some fifty monks.
Copyright © 2017