Synonyms for temiscouata or Related words with temiscouata
Examples of "temiscouata"
Fort Ingall is now owned by a non-profit organization, the Historical and Archeological Society of
The shortest land route between Acadia and New France was through the region of
– where, in 1746, the French administration built a road that allowed access to Lake
, from which one could reach the Atlantic Ocean through a network of rivers.
The Touladi River empties on the east shore of Lake
, in the municipality of Saint-Juste-du-Lac, Quebec. This confluence is located:
The Petit Témis Interprovincial Linear Park is a rail trail running from Edmundston, NB to Cabano, QC in the abandoned CN rail corridor that was originally built by the
The Grandville Senate division is defined in the "Consolidated Statutes of Canada (1859)" as "The Counties of
and Kamouraska, the Parishes of St. Roch des Aulnets and St. Jean Port Joli, and the prolongation thereof in a straight line to the Province Line in the County of L'Islet."
Lake Pohenegamook (Lac Pohénégamook) is a Canadian lake located in
Regional County Municipality (MRC), in administrative region of Bas-Saint-Laurent, in southeastern Quebec immediately north of the International Boundary with Maine at Aroostook County. It is the source of the Saint Francis River.
The Iroquois River is a tributary of the Saint John River (Bay of Fundy) emptying in New Brunswick, in Canada. This river flows into the Notre Dame Mountains, in the municipality of Dégelis, Quebec, in
Regional County Municipality (RCM), in administrative region of Bas-Saint-Laurent, in Quebec; and in the Madawaska County, in New Brunswick, in Canada.
The route was envisioned to eventually extend further north along the Madawaska River and Lake Témiscouata to the Saint Lawrence River at Rivière-du-Loup; however, the company never built beyond Edmundston, leaving this connection to be completed by the
Dionne ran in a hotly contested five way race in the electoral district of Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup—
—Les Basques. She was defeated by incumbent Bloc Québécois Member of Parliament Paul Crête finishing a very close second by a couple thousand votes and slightly ahead of former Member of Parliament André Plourde.
The river actually begins its course at the foot of the dam Lake
. The dam, built in 1930 by the "St. John River Storage Company", was acquired by Hydro-Québec during nationalization of electricity in 1963. It was completely rebuilt between 1993 and 1994.
The upper course of the river is in the Rimouski Wildlife Reserve, while the lower part (including the Little Touladi Lake and Touladi Lake that are located in the township of Robitaille) is administered by the Lake-Témiscouata National Park, which is the former territory of the Madawaska lordship. In the end of course, the Touladi River flows on the eastern shore of Lake
, in the municipality of Saint-Juste-du-Lac or at the southern limit of Lake-Témiscouata National Park.
Situated on the Saint John River opposite Fort Kent, Maine. The name Clair finds its roots in the community named for County Clare in Ireland. The name of the village is the result of the railroad station being located near the General store of James T. Clair. The station was called Clair's and was a regular stop of the
Railway on its way up to the Connors station. Over time, the name stuck and was shortened to the family name of Clair. The original name of the location was actually "La Petite Décharge" named after the discharge of the small "ruisseau des Lang" into the Saint John River.
Various theories exist over the etymology of the word Madawaska. One is that the river's name comes from the Algonquian word "Madoueskak", which means "land of the porcupine". In Maliseet, the word "Matawaskiyak" translates to "at the place where water flows out over grass", there is also speculation that it refers to the 'meeting of two rivers where there is grass'. The Madawaska river is a large drainage basin for Lake
and other waterways from the north. Before the city of Edmundston changed the natural course of the river, the spring freshet would cause several branches of the river to flood the land resulting in various waterfalls.
Born in St-Arsène,
County, Canada East, Talbot was educated at St. Michel and the Quebec Seminary. A farmer, he was a member of the Council of Agriculture in the Province of Quebec and was awarded Quebec's Ordre national du mérite agricole. He was a Lieutenant-Colonel with the 17th Regiment de Lévis and Bellechasse. He was elected to the Canadian House of Commons for Bellechasse in the 1896 federal election. A Liberal, he was re-elected in 1900, 1904, and 1908. He was defeated in 1911.
Brillant volunteered for service with the 89th (
and Rimouski) Regiment (from 1920 the Fusiliers du S-Laurent) and held the rank of lieutenant. In 1916, eager to join the Canadian Expeditionary Force, he declared 13 years' service with this unit. On 20 March 1916 Brillant left his job as a telegrapher. After about six months’ training in Valcartier, he embarked for England with the 189th on 27 September 1916; on disembarking at Liverpool on 6 October, he was assigned to the 69th Infantry Battalion. He left for France on 27 October and joined the 22e Battalion (Canadien Francais) at Bully-Grenay.
At the beginning of the 19th century, the voyage between Quebec and Saint John passed the
Portage and via the Saint John River valley. After the War of 1812, it was decided to develop a new maritime route which was to be located away from the border. The Matapedia River valley was selected, and the route would be named Kempt Road, for General Sir James Kempt, then Governor-General of British North America. Construction started in 1830, under the supervision of William MacDonald, Frederic Fournier and Major Wolfe, but the route remained difficult and government decided to abandon it in 1857. A new path between Causapscal and the Restigouche was adopted in 1862, and in 1868 the Intercolonial Railway project that was to transform the British North American Colonies into Canada selected the Matapedia River road to be its route. On 1 July 1876, the Sainte-Flavie-Campbellton section was opened.
In 1839, Lt. Frederick Lenox Ingall was ordered to build a fieldwork on the Lake
. In the summer, three barracks, one for the officers, and two for the men where erected near the Lake, at the end of the road from Riviere-du-Loup. A small detachment of the 24th Regiment of Foot arrived in the summer. The detachment consisted of only 12 men with their 6 wives and 11 children. In the following years, the original small fieldwork became a fortified fort of 12 barracks surrounded by a 12-foot stockade. Three other Regiments occupied the Fort between 1839 and 1841, the 11th, the 56th and the 68th of Foot, in order, with a maximum occupation of 200 men.
On November 19, 2009, the party executive acclaimed Gérard Deltell as the party's leader. After Deltell assumed the leadership the party enjoyed a modest rebound, rising from 5% in the polls in spring 2010 to 15% by the end of the year, and enjoying a substantial lead in the Quebec City region. The party maintained the level of support it had enjoyed in the 2008 election in the by-elections held in Saint-Laurent and Kamouraska-
in fall 2010. The ADQ held a convention on November 13, 2010, adopting a number of proposals dealing with democratic reform and anti-corruption measures. Deltell received a 97% vote of confidence from the party membership and received considerable attention when, in his opening address, he referred to Premier Jean Charest as the "godfather of the Liberal family." Charest threatened legal action if the statement was not retracted. Deltell refused to apologize or issue a retraction and no action was taken.
Copyright © 2017