Synonyms for topolnica or Related words with topolnica
Examples of "topolnica"
is an important Late Neolithic settlement and cult site which straddles the Greek Bulgarian frontier a few kilometers from the community of Promachonas.
She was born in Radoviš, in the mountains of south-eastern Macedonia, then Yugoslavia. Her family lived in the nearby small Macedonian village of
is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Zatory, within Pułtusk County, Masovian Voivodeship, in east-central Poland. It lies approximately north-east of Zatory, east of Pułtusk, and north of Warsaw.
Remarkable evidence for cult activity has been found at Promachonas-
, which straddles the Greek Bulgarian border to the north of Serres. Here a deep pit appeared to have been roofed to make a subterranean room; in it were successive layers of debris including large numbers of figurines, bulls' skulls, and pottery, including several rare and unusual shapes.
(Serbian Cyrillic: Тополница) is a village in Serbia. It is situated in the Majdanpek municipality, in the Bor District. The nearest town is Donji Milanovac. The village has a Serb ethnic majority and its population numbering 1064 people (2002 census).
Gmina Zatory contains the villages and settlements of Borsuki-Kolonia, Burlaki, Cieńsza, Ciski, Dębiny, Drwały, Gładczyn, Gładczyn Rządowy, Gładczyn Szlachecki, Kępa Zatorska, Kruczy Borek, Łęcino, Lemany, Lutobrok, Lutobrok-Folwark, Malwinowo, Mierzęcin, Mystkowiec-Kalinówka, Mystkowiec-Szczucin, Nowe Borsuki, Pniewo, Pniewo-Kolonia, Przyłubie, Śliski, Stawinoga,
, Wiktoryn, Wólka Zatorska and Zatory.
The major settlements on the river are the villages of Klokočevac,
and Mosna, and the small town of Donji Milanovac (in medieval times also called "Poreč") near the river's mouth into the Danube in the Đerdap gorge. After the construction of the Đerdap hydro electrical dam, the river flows into the artificial lake Đerdap, and the flooded final section of the Porečka reka today forms a small bay of the lake.
The autocephaly of Orthodox Church in medieval Serbia was established in 1219 by Saint Sava who was consecrated as first Serbian archbishop by the Byzantine patriarch residing at that time in Nicaea. Since then, Eparchy of Lipljan was under the constant jurisdiction of Archbishop of Serbia. During 13th century, bishops of Lipljan known by name were: Mavrojan, Varnava, Sava and Jovan. Eparchy had jurisdiction over counties of Lipljan, Binačka Morava and
. At the beginning of the 14th century, bishops of Lipljan were Antonije and Ignjatije. In that time, during the final years of the reign of Serbian king Stefan Milutin (1282-1321), the grand complex of the Monastery of Gračanica was built as the seat for bishops of Lipljan.
Novo Brdo was a scattered town, a huge mining settlement, and a suburb of Novo Brdo. The square ("mercatum" or "burgus"), the heart of social life, was located here. It had its own statute (law), at least since 1439. Due to large amounts of high-quality silver, trade ties of Novo Brdo extended far beyond the Balkan peninsula, especially to the west across the Adriatic sea to Italy and beyond. Suburbs extended to the rivers Kriva reka (which was known as "
" at the time) and Prilepnica. The approach to Novo Brdo was defended by castles in Prizrenac and Prilepac. Contemporary sources also mention the existence of a hospital owned by the Catholic church.
In 1342, a place called Morava was visited by Serbian King Stefan Dušan (later Emperor, r. 1331-1355). A fort was built nearby in the 14th century. Gornja Morava was known as simply Morava under Ottoman rule, and it extended west of the Upper Žegra-Budriga-Cernica line, thus Gjilan stayed in the "oblast" (province) of
, which provincial seat was Novo Brdo. In the 1455 "defter" (Ottoman tax registry), Gjilan was inhabited by Serbs, and the priest Božidar served the town. There were 41 households. Haji Kalfa (first half of the 17th century) mentions Morava being 17 days from Constantinople. Gornja Morava and Izmornik were organized into the Sanjak of Vučitrn up until the 18th century. Gjilan became a kadiluk around 1780, and 20–25 years later a large village.
Copyright © 2017