Synonyms for tury or Related words with tury
Examples of "tury"
In the 1980s, it was renamed in honor of the late
Oman, a local long-time coach.
Arturo Salazar Aispuro, alias "El
" and a nephew of Manuel, was killed with four other gunmen on 24 January 2011 in Mexicali.
Around 3 km² (1 mi²) of territory at Lake Khanka near the village of
Rog was transferred to Chinese control.
is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kościelec, within Koło County, Greater Poland Voivodeship, in west-central Poland. It lies approximately west of Kościelec, west of Koło, and east of the regional capital Poznań.
Gmina Kościelec contains the villages and settlements of Białków Górny, Białków Kościelny, Dąbrowice, Dąbrowice Częściowe, Daniszew, Dobrów, Gąsiorów, Gozdów, Kościelec, Łęka, Leszcze, Mariampol, Police Mostowe, Police Średnie, Ruszków Drugi, Ruszków Pierwszy, Straszków, Trzęśniew, Trzęśniew Mały,
Another feature of this district is a customs point,
Rog, which is located on the Russian-Chinese border. Heavy track traffic passes through this point. Close to the customs point is a large Chinese coal mining basin, Jixi.
In the period from 1859 to 1882, ninety-five settlements were established in the Primorye region, including Vladivostok, Ussuriysk, Razdolnoye, Vladimiro-Aleksandrovskoye, Shkotovo, Pokrovka,
Rog, and Kamen-Rybolov. The population was primarily engaged in hunting, fishing and cultivation. More than two-thirds of the territory's inhabitants followed these occupations.
In 1954 A. Boone McCallum, Editor of The Star News held a contest to name the serpent of Payette Lake. The winning name, “Sharlie”, was submitted by Le Isle Hennefer
of Springfield, Virginia. In her letter to Mr. McCallum she said, “Why don’t you call the thing Sharlie? You know – ‘Vas you der, Sharlie?” This was a reference to the popular catch phrase often spoken by Jack Pearl during his old time radio show.
The Colégio Centenário is a Methodist college located at "Rua Dr.
", in Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul. The name derives from the founding date, March 27, 1922, which was the centenary of the independence of Brazil. Its founders were two American missionaries from the Methodist Church, Miss "Louise Best" and Miss "Eunice Andrew". Funding was obtained through the efforts of the Methodist Ladies' Societies of the United States of America, as part of celebrations of the Centenary Methodist Mission.
In 1962, Choate and ceramicist Francis Von
created a mural for New York City Community College, which now operates as the New York City College of Technology (City Tech). The 33 foot by 17 foot mosaic portrayed six figures to symbolize the school's activities in health, athletics, recreation, competition, drama, and music. Choate's mural stood for 53 years until City Tech razed the building it adorned in 2013 to construct a new educational complex. Seeking to save the mural, activist Robert Holden from Queens and his colleagues spearheaded a campaign in the summer of 2013. After Holden contacted the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York system, they elected to preserve the mural in storage.
The shooting began on an outdoor patio, about 20 minutes before the dance was scheduled to end, around 9:40. He shot John Gillette after he asked Wurst to come inside. Before running out of ammunition, Wurst proceeded to enter Nick's Place, where the dance had been held, and subsequently fired and wounded Edrye Boraten, a teacher and two students, Jacob
and Robert Zemcheck. The shooting ended when the owner of Nick's Place, James Strand, intervened and confronted Wurst with his shotgun, ordering him to drop his weapon and later holding him at bay for eleven minutes. Strand later got Wurst on the ground and searched him for weapons, finding a dinner fork in his sock.
John Buchan's brigade skirmished with the French defenders of Orthez all morning. Having received orders to cross the Gave de Pau, Hill got his troops marching for the Souars Ford at 11:00 am. Arriving there, the 12,000 Anglo-Portuguese brushed aside the cavalry regiment and two battalions of the 115th Line Infantry Regiment defending the ford. Hill's troops were soon across the river in strength and pressing back Harispe's outnumbered division. They were joined by Buchan's Portuguese who crossed at the Orthez bridge the moment the town's defenders pulled out. Joined by some newly arrived conscript battalions, Harispe attempted to make a stand at the Motte de
heights. The raw recruits proved to be poor fighting material; Hill's men broke Harispe's line and captured three guns.
The village of Ehweiler now shared a history with the Duchy of Palatinate-Zweibrücken, right up until that state was swept away by the events of the French Revolution. Like all villages in the Kusel region, Ehweiler, too, suffered heavily under the hardships and woe wrought by the Thirty Years' War and the Plague. In the late 16th century, there may have been well under one hundred people living in the village. While one or two deaths in the village were usual in most years, in the Plague Year 1583 alone, 34 people in Ehweiler died (as against 23 in Kusel). In 1597, there were 12 Plague deaths (165 in Kusel), and in 1613, there were a further 13 (56 in Kusel). Thus, by 1583, half the village’s population must have died. Nevertheless, newcomers must have quickly settled in Ehweiler. In 1609, according to an "Oberamt" of Baumholder ecclesiastical visitation protocol, there were 56 inhabitants in 12 families with the following family heads: Censor Bastian Peters (whose main occupation was likely farming), David Strohschneider (whose last name means “Strawcutter” in German, which was apparently his actual occupation), farmers Hans Peter, Johannes Kickel, Hans Hannesen, Johannes
and Clas Veltin (also a strawcutter in his secondary occupation), linen weaver Abraham Heilmann, day labourers Hans Hinterer, Bartel Hans and Johannes Hansen and shepherd Hans Schwarz. Also listed were David Martin’s widow and the widower Bartel Klein. In the years after 1613 until the worst devastation during the Thirty Years' War, a remarkable number of children were born in Ehweiler. In 1614 alone, it was seven. This owed itself to the young families among the newcomers who had settled. After 1635, the village had been laid waste, like almost all villages in the "Kuseler Land", and then once again, new settlers came. Beginning in 1640, life returned to normalcy, but then came French King Louis XIV’s wars of conquest, during which Ehweiler was once again burnt down, and there were the attendant considerable population losses. In the 18th century, life returned to normalcy once again, and this is when emigration began.
Copyright © 2017