Synonyms for uglovka or Related words with uglovka
Examples of "uglovka"
() is the name of several inhabited localities in Russia.
has a station on the Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway. This was the first long-distance railway constructed in Russia, opened in 1851. Another railway line going east of
connects it to Borovichi.
The economy of
is based on limestone extraction and processing.
Urban-type settlement status was granted to
on November 9, 1938.
Borovichi is connected by a railroad with
and thus with the railway between Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Borovichi is connected by a railroad with
and thus with the railway between Moscow and Saint Petersburg.
contains two objects classified as cultural and historical heritage of local significance. One of them is the Church of the Nativity of Christ, and the other one is a grave of two soldiers fallen in the Second World War.
was never occupied by the German troops, but was close to the front line.
The village of Ugol () was first mentioned in a chronicle in 1495. The development of the area started in 1851 when
became a railway station on the Nikolayevskaya Railway which connected Moscow and Saint Petersburg.
developed first as a settlement serving the railway stations, and eventually the limestone extraction started. In the beginning of the 20th century, it was a part of Borovyonskaya Volost of Valdaysky Uyezd of Novgorod Governorate. In 1921, it was transferred to Shegrinskaya Volost of Borovichsky Uyezd.
Moscow (Leningradsky railway terminal) – Tver" (770A, 772A, 776A, 756A, 768A, 780A)" - Vyshny Volochyok" (756A, 760A, 768A, 772A, 780A)" - Bologoye" (754A, 758A, 770A, 778A)" -
" (754A, 776A, 778A)" - Okulovka" (754A, 758A, 778A)" - Chudovo" (754A, 770A, 778A)" - Saint Petersburg (Moskovsky railway terminal)
There are three big factories in Okulovka, which produce wire, electronics, and furniture, and a limestone processing plant in
. The rest of the enterprises of the district operate in textile industry and in food industry.
Yuri Gorbachev (born December 29, 1948 in
near Leningrad, U.S.S.R.) is a famous Russian painter and sculptor. He is a nephew of the former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
The Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway crosses the district from south to north. This was the first long-distance railway constructed in Russia, built in a straight line and opened in 1851. The main railway stations in the district are Okulovka,
, Borovyonka, and Torbino. In
, the railway line to Borovichi branches off east, and in Okulovka, the line to Nebolchi via Lyubytino branches off northeast, then turns north. Okulovka is a terminal station for suburban trains, which leave in three directions: to Bologoye, Malaya Vishera, and Nebolchi.
On August 1, 1927, the uyezds were abolished, and Uglovsky District with the center in the railway station of
was established as part of Borovichi Okrug of Leningrad Oblast. On July 23, 1930 the okrugs were abolished, and the districts became directly subordinate to the oblast. On January 1, 1932, Uglovsky District was abolished and split between Borovichsky, Okulovsky, and Bologovsky Districts.
became a part of Okulovsky District. On July 5, 1944, Okulovsky District was transferred to newly established Novgorod Oblast and remained there ever since.
Effective October 1, 1927 Uglovsky District was established as well, with the administrative center in the railway station of
. It was a part of Borovichi Okrug of Leningrad Oblast. On January 1, 1932, Uglovsky District was abolished and split between Borovichsky, Okulovsky, and Bologovsky Districts.
() is an urban locality (a work settlement) in Okulovsky District of Novgorod Oblast, Russia, located on the Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway. Municipally, it is incorporated as Uglovskoye Urban Settlement in Okulovsky Municipal District, one of the three urban settlements in the district. Population:
Another district established effective October 1, 1927 as a part of Borovichi Okrug of Leningrad Oblast was Uglovsky District, with the administrative center in the railway station of
. On January 1, 1932, Uglovsky District was abolished and split between Borovichsky, Okulovsky, and Bologovsky Districts.
Another district established effective October 1, 1927 as a part of Borovichi Okrug of Leningrad Oblast was Uglovsky District. Its administrative center was in the railway station of
. On January 1, 1932, Uglovsky District was abolished and split between Bologovsky, Borovichsky, and Okulovsky Districts.
Sources of fire clay were discovered near the town in the 19th century, and the first fire brick manufacturing plant opened in the region in 1855. In 1878, a railway branch connected the town to
station of the Moscow-Saint Petersburg Railway, which allowed to establish several large fire brick plants in 1880. Now about half of the town's population is employed in the fire brick industry.
Settlements located in the current area of the district were first mentioned in chronicles in 1495 as being a part of Derevskaya "Pyatina". Fast economical development of the region started during and after the construction of the Nikolayevskaya Railway which connected Moscow and St. Petersburg in 1851. Okulovka and
developed first as settlements serving the railway stations, and eventually industries developed there. In the 19th and in the beginning of the 20th century, the area was split between three uyezds of Novgorod Governorate: Borovichsky, Krestetsky, and Valdaysky. In 1919, Malovishersky Uyezd was established, and in 1922 Krestetsky Uyezd was abolished and split between Malovishersky, Valdaysky, and Novgorodsky Uyezds.
Copyright © 2017