Synonyms for vanderbeck or Related words with vanderbeck
Examples of "vanderbeck"
, 52, Reading, PA. Bookkeeper Ruthie
, 28, Reading, PA. Realtor Abbie
, 30, Norwalk, CT. Nanny
"Executive Board": Ray Bello • Paul Dill • Patrick Dorywalski • Keith Koch • Craig Kolek • Don
House, is located in Ridgewood, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 10, 1983.
House, is located in Closter, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The house was built in 1778 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 9, 1983.
House is a historic house located in Mahwah, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. Built in 1760, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 10, 1983.
Clough, N. and R.
. 2006. Managing Politics and Consumption in Business Improvement Districts: The Geographies of Political Activism on Burlington, Vermont's Church Street Marketplace." Urban Studies", 43 (12), 2261–2284.
The communion plate or chalice is thought to have been manufactured some time previous to 1638 by Dublin silversmith James Vanderbeg or
, while the provenance of the paten is less clear since it is stamped only with date of presentation to the church.
In 1895, Detroit Tigers owner George
had a new ballpark built at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull avenues. That stadium was called Bennett Park and featured a wooden grandstand with a wooden peaked roof in the outfield. At the time, some places in the outfield were only marked off with rope.
Bridge Contracts: New Bridge Draw — Smith Bridge Co., $4,170; Penn. $4,390; Berlin, $4,287; Dean & Westbrook, $4,330; Variety, $4,390; Columbia, $4,345; Pittsburg, $4,467; King Iron, $3,990 — King Iron awarded contract. Bids for stone work — Joseph Stagg, $3,994; S. H.
, $4,324. Contract to Mr. Stagg.
Since its construction, the Naugle House has been a neighbor to the Jacob
Jr. House; Jacob
Sr. constructed both houses. It is typical of the Dutch Colonial architecture of the region in featuring coursed ashlar sandstone block walls, but is unique in having been built into the side of a hill, giving it two and a half stories. The lowest level was a kitchen, and its top floor is wooden frame construction. Its plan and appearance are remarkably similar to the now-demolished Zabriskie Tenant House, which sat a short distance away from the Naugle House across the Saddle River in Paramus. Its small size, unique appearance, and configuration near one of the entrances to the Saddle River County Park have made it a recognizable and beloved landmark building in Fair Lawn. The Naugle House may have a further historical link, having possibly been visited by the Marquis de Lafayette, a close associate of George Washington, in 1784.
Soon after the 2004 election, Kai Stinchcombe was trying to figure out what to do next. He had worked for the Kerry presidential campaign. After the election, he returned to Stanford and emailed a few list-servs suggesting they form a progressive student think tank to fight the influence of Stanford's conservative Hoover Institution. The email soon reached Dar
at Bates College and Jessica Singleton at Middlebury and they responded, proposing that such an organization could exist on campuses across the country.
His first pro contract was with Louisville (for $500), pitching two league games and a couple of exhibitions with the team at the end of the 1897 season. When the season ended, he was lent to the Detroit Wolverines of the Western League to gain professional experience. After defaulting on rent and being fined by owner George
, Waddell left Detroit in late May to pitch in Canada before eventually returning to Homestead, Pennsylvania, to pitch semi-pro baseball there.
Fowler (August 20, 1818 – September 29, 1869) was thrice the Grand Sachem of the Tammany Society, better known as Tammany Hall, from 1848–1850, 1857–1858, and 1858–1859, the last term shared with William M. "Boss" Tweed. He was appointed Postmaster of New York City by President Franklin Pierce on April 1, 1853 and was also a delegate from New York to the 1860 Democratic National Convention.
House, also known as the Daughters of the American Revolution Chapter House, is a historic home located at Rochester in Monroe County, New York. It is a three-story brick structure with a slate-covered mansard roof and a foundation of sandstone blocks. It was built in 1874 in the Second Empire style. In 1959, the single family home was converted to offices and apartments.
Jr. House, in Fair Lawn, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States, is a typical historic house of the American colonial architecture style called Dutch Colonial on Dunkerhook Road, adjacent to the Saddle River County Park. It sits on a bluff above the Saddle River (Passaic River) and is approached from Dunkerhook Road via a long tree-lined driveway. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 9, 1983.
Bennett Park was home to the first nighttime baseball game in Detroit. On September 24, 1896, the Tigers played their last game of their first season at Bennett Park, an exhibition doubleheader against the Cincinnati Reds. Tigers owner George Arthur
had workers string lights above the stadium for the nighttime game. Nighttime baseball wouldn't return to Detroit until June 15, 1948, when the first game under the lights was played at Briggs Stadium.
After the death of its most recent owner, Henrietta Vander Platt, developers showed interest in demolishing the house, removing all of the trees, and placing on the lot an assisted living facility. A group of devoted preservationists and citizens is now engaged in an effort to save the
House, bolstered by its listing as one of 2013's "Ten Most Endangered" historic properties by the Trenton-based historic preservation organization Preservation New Jersey, and hoping to see the house, a direct link to the agricultural and Dutch-oriented past of the area, preserved for future generations either as a private home or with an adaptive reuse.
, Sr., who also built the neighboring Naugle House, built the original section of the house in 1754; it was a small, wooden-framed home on to which a larger wing, to the west, featuring coursed ashlar sandstone walls and one and a half stories under a gambrel roof, was added in the 1780s. Shortly after the National Park Service Heritage Documentation Programs Historic American Building Survey took photographs and made architectural drawings of the house in 1938, the house's owners, the Walter Squires, replaced the original east wing of the house with an architecturally compatible addition with sandstone blocks and a gambrel roof that updated the house and significantly increased the home's size. The interior of the house retains many of its original features.
The current Detroit club was a charter member when the Western League reorganized for the 1894 season. They originally played at Boulevard Park, sometimes called League Park. It was located on East Lafayette, then called Champlain Street, between Helen and East Grand Boulevard, near Belle Isle. In 1895, owner George
decided to build Bennett Park at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull Avenues, which would remain their base of operations for the next 104 seasons. The first game at the corner was an exhibition on April 13, 1896. The team, now occasionally called the "Tigers", beat a local semi-pro team, known as the Athletics, by a score of 30–3. They played their first Western League game at Bennett Park on April 28, 1896, defeating the Columbus Senators 17–2. (Richard Bak, "A Place for Summer: A Narrative History of Tiger Stadium", 1998, pp. 58–59)
Fair Lawn also has a close association with two historic areas along the Saddle River in Paramus. One is the Easton Tower, a Bergen County historic site that consists of a stone tower and a small dam which mark the site of the colonial-era Jacob Zabriskie mill and the 19th-20th centuries-era Arcola community park. Another is the Dunkerhook community, focused around the New Jersey designated historic road, Dunkerhook Road. The western section of the community includes the Naugle House and the Jacob
Jr. House, and the eastern section included a slave and free-African American community that consisted of a school, a cemetery, a church, and houses including the now-demolished Zabriskie Tenant House.
Copyright © 2017