Synonyms for vologda_viceroyalty or Related words with vologda_viceroyalty

kargopolsky_uyezd              olonets_governorate              pskov_governorate              kashinsky              zubtsovsky              novgorod_viceroyalty              sebezhsky              novotorzhsky              irkutsk_governorate              ostashkovsky              staritsky              nevelsky              kimrsky              bezhetsky              velikoluksky              novorzhevsky              arkhangelsk_governorate              toropetsky              krestetsky              lodeynopolsky_uyezd              shenkursky              novgorod_governorate              starorussky_uyezd              vologda_governorate              kemsky_uyezd              vytegorsky              volost              totemsky              kalyazinsky              novgorodsky_uyezd              vazhsky              kazan_governorate              valdaysky              velizhsky              uyezd              tver_governorate              novozerskaya              vesyegonsky              tosnensky_districts              kolsky_uyezd              kargopolsky              berezanka              umbskaya              borovichsky_uyezd              arbuzynka_raion              pustoshkinsky              konoshsky_district              pechorsky              northern_dvina_governorate              vyshnevolotsky             



Examples of "vologda_viceroyalty"
Vologda Governorate was officially created in 1796 from the disbanded Vologda Viceroyalty (namestnichestvo) which was split between Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty and Vologda Viceroyalty just before the new administrative reform.
The coat of arms was granted to the town of Kola, as well as to other towns of Vologda Viceroyalty, by the , 1780 decree (ukase) of Catherine II "On the coat of arms of Vologda Viceroyalty".
The governorate existed until 1780, when it was transformed into Vologda Viceroyalty.
Vologda Oblast () was an administrative division (an oblast) of Vologda Viceroyalty of the Russian Empire, which existed in 1780–1796.
Vologda Oblast was one of the three original oblasts of Vologda Viceroyalty, when the latter was established by the Catherine II's decree (ukase) on , 1780.
The administration of the viceroyalty was performed by a "namestnik" (vice-roy) and controlled by a governor general. The governors of Vologda Viceroyalty were
Vologda Viceroyalty () was an administrative division (a "namestnichestvo") of the Russian Empire, which existed in 1780–1796. The seat of the Viceroyalty was located in Vologda.
The viceroyalty was established by a decree ("ukase") of Catherine II on , 1780. It was subdivided into three oblasts: Vologda, Veliky Ustyug, and Arkhangelsk. The predecessor of Vologda Viceroyalty was Archangelgorod Governorate with the seat in Arkhangelsk.
In 1780, Kola was the administrative center of Kolsky Uyezd of Arkhangelsk Oblast of Vologda Viceroyalty. When Arkhangelsk Oblast was re-organized into Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty by Catherine II's decree on , 1784, Kolsky Uyezd became a part of it as well. Kola's coat of arms was soon modified accordingly—the coat of arms of Vologda Viceroyalty in the upper part was replaced with the coat of arms of Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty (in the golden field, an archangel defeats a devil with a fiery sword and a shield). The date of this modification is unknown, but supposedly it was done in 1784.
Between 1784 and 1796, Vologda Viceroyalty bordered Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty in the north, Tobolsk Viceroyalty in the northeast, Perm Viceroyalty in the east, Vyatka Viceroyalty in the southeast, Kostroma and Yaroslavl Viceroyalties in the south, Novgorod Viceroyalty in the southwest, and Olonets Viceroyalty in the west. In terms of the modern political division of Russia, Vologda Viceroyalty in this period comprised the areas of what is currently the greater part of Vologda Oblast, as well as parts of the Komi Republic, Kostroma, Kirov, and Nizhny Novgorod Oblasts.
In 1784, when Arkhangelsk Oblast of Vologda Viceroyalty was transformed into Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty, Umbskaya Volost was transferred under the jurisdiction of the new viceroyalty's Kolsky Uyezd. When the viceroyalty was transformed into Arkhangelsk Governorate in 1796, the volost's jurisdiction again changed accordingly.
In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Archangelgorod Governorate. In 1780, the governorate was abolished and transformed into Vologda Viceroyalty, with the creation of Kholmogorsky Uyezd. In 1796, Kholmogorsky Uyezd was transferred to Arkhangelsk Governorate.
As with most of other governorates and viceroyalties established in the 1770s–1780s, the establishment of Vologda Viceroyalty was a part of the reform attempting to have a tighter control of local matters by the Russian autocracy. The reform, in turn, was facilitated by the Pugachev's Rebellion of 1774–1775.
The first mention of Gryazovets dates back to 1538, when it was described as a settlement dependent on the Korniliyevo-Komelsky Monastery. The settlement was chartered on January 25, 1780, when it became the seat of Gryazovetsky Uyezd of Vologda Viceroyalty. The viceroyalty was abolished in 1796 and its part which included Gryazovetsky Uyezd became Vologda Governorate.
In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Archangelgorod Governorate. In 1780, the governorate was abolished, and transformed into Totemsky Uyezd of Vologda Viceroyalty. The latter was abolished in 1796, and the part of it which included Ledengskoye was made into Vologda Governorate.
In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Archangelgorod Governorate. In 1780, the governorate was abolished and transformed into Vologda Viceroyalty, and the area was included into Arkhangelsky Uyezd. In 1796, the area was transferred to Arkhangelsk Governorate.
The upper part of the shield depicts a hand in the red field, stretching out from a cloud and holding a golden orb with a silver sword (a coat of arms of Vologda Viceroyalty). The lower part of the shield depicts a whale—a species in hunting of which the town residents specialize.
As with most of other governorates and viceroyalties established in the 1770s–1780s, the establishment of Vologda Viceroyalty was a part of the reform attempting to have a tighter control of local matters by the Russian autocracy. The reform, in turn, was facilitated by the Pugachev's Rebellion of 1774–1775.
In 1784, when Arkhangelsk Oblast of Vologda Viceroyalty was transformed into Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty, Varzuzhskaya Volost was transferred under the jurisdiction of the new viceroyalty's Kolsky Uyezd. When the viceroyalty was transformed into Arkhangelsk Governorate in 1796, the volost's jurisdiction again changed accordingly.
Historically the region belonged to what is known as the Great Perm later being incorporated into the Novgorod Republic after the disintegration of the Kievan Rus. With the annexation of Novgorod, Vologda also became part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow. Among the first monks who permanently established Christianity in the region was Saint Stephen of Perm, born in the city of Ustyug sometime in 1340/45. In 1383 he became the first bishop of the newly established Perm Eparchy. In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Archangelgorod Governorate. In 1780, Archangelgorod Governorate, with the center in Arkhangelsk, was abolished and transformed to Vologda Viceroyalty. The viceroyalty was subdivided into three oblasts: Vologda, Veliky Ustyug, and Arkhangelsk. March 26, 1784 Arkhangelsk Oblast was split off and established as Arkhangelsk Viceroyalty. In 1796, Vologda Viceroyalty was transformed into Vologda Governorate with the seat in the city of Vologda.