Synonyms for wassili or Related words with wassili
Examples of "wassili"
Adolfovitch Lindholm also Wilhelm Adolf Lindholm (1874 – September 17, 1935) was a Russian malacologist.
Adolfovitch Lindholm was a Curator at the Zoological Museum of the Zoological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Leningrad.
From 1921 until his death he was in practice with his brother
. From 1924 to 1934 their practice was also shared with Alfons Anker.
The first age of experimentation with architecture of the night was brought to a close by the Depression and World War II blackouts. Not until 1956 was Walter Köhler's book on the concept, "Lichtarchitektur", published, edited by
In 1968, he was awarded the ‘Berliner Kunstpreises für Baukunst’ (Berlin art prize for building) from the City of Berlin. the prize was first awarded inn 1948, the previous two recipients to Gutkind were Mies van der Rohe and
The surviving portion of the Old Exchange was restored and expanded. The ruins of the main building of the New Exchange remained in place for twelve years, until their demolition in 1955. Early in 1957 the Chamber of Commerce sold the lot to the city. The house of the Bürgerschaft of Bremen, designed by
Luckhardt, was built there in 1965/6.
Leps (1870–1942) was a Russian-born American composer and conductor. Born near Saint Petersburg, he came to the United States in 1894. He frequently conducted at Willow Grove Park near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He wrote numerous operas; "Hoshi-San" was premiered in Philadelphia in 1909.
Luckhardt (22 July 1889 in Berlin – 2 December 1972 in Berlin) was a German architect. He studied at the Technical University of Berlin (Technische Universität Berlin) and Dresden. Luckhardt and his brother Hans worked closely together for most of their lives. Both were members of the "November Group" ("Novembergruppe"), the "Arbeitsrat für Kunst", the "Glass Chain" and, from 1926, the progressive architecture group "Der Ring". The brothers shared an office with the architect Alfons Anker (b. 1872, d. 1952).
After World War II they tried to return to their pre-war work. After the death of his brother Hans,
ran the office alone. The 1959 competition for the "Haus der Bremischen Bürgerschaft" (city assembly in Bremen) was only realized after long discussions and repeated revision. In 1960 he was one of three architects shortlisted in a competition for the transformation of the Berlin Reichstagsgebäudes.
Siebenrockiella is a small genus of black marsh turtles. It used to be monotypic but now has two species with the addition of the Philippine forest turtle (moved from the genus "Heosemys"). The genus was originally erected in 1869 by John Edward Gray under the name "Bellia", commemorating Thomas Bell, but this name is a junior homonym of "Bellia" Milne-Edwards, 1848, a crustacean genus. The replacement name, "Siebenrockiella", was published in 1929 by
Adolfovitch Lindholm, and commemorates Friedrich Siebenrock.
One of her self-portraits was published by Moholy-Nagy in "i10 Internationale Revue". Moholy-Nagy's critique recognises that her photographs fulfill the tenet of 'making strange' where ‘reflections and spatial relationships, overlapping and penetrations are examined from a new perspectival angle’. Many of her photographs incorporate mirrors; Henri used mirrors for her own self-dramatisations, in commercial work and to make portraits of friends such as Jean Arp, Petra Van Doesburg, Sonia Delaunay,
Kandinsky, Fernand Léger, and Margarete Schall.
Hans Luckhardt (16 June 1890 in Berlin-Charlottenburg – 8 October 1954 in Bad Wiessee) was a German architect and the brother of
Luckhardt, with whom he worked his entire life. He studied at the University of Karlsruhe with Hermann Billing and was a member of the Novembergruppe, the Arbeitsrats für Kunst, and the Glass Chain. Together with Anton Lorenz, he designed furniture in the 1920s and 1930s, predominantly steel-tube and moveable chairs.
The two Pacific divisions of the expedition, led by Martin Spangberg and Vitus Bering, left St. Petersburg in February and April 1733, while the academic group departed on August 8, 1733. In addition to the Academy members Gmelin, Müller and Croyère, the group also included the Russian students Stepan Krasheninnikov, Alexei Grolanov, Luka Ivanov,
Tretjakov and Fyodor Popov, the translator (also a student) Ilya Jaontov, the geodesists Andrei Krassilnikov, Moisei Uschakov, Nikifor Tschekin and Alexandr Ivanov, the instrument maker Stepan Ovsjanikov, and the painters Johann Christian Berckhan and Johann Wilhelm Lürsenius. Two soldiers accompanied them for their protection, together with a corporal and a drummer. The group used horses as land transportation and barges on water.
Squad: Oleg Grams (Medwedi Tschechow),
Filippow (Medwedi Tschechow), Oleg Sotow (Medwedi Tschechow), Dmitri Kowaljow (Medwedi Tschechow), Jegor Jewdokimow (BM Ciudad Real), Oleg Skopinzew (Medwedi Tschechow), Alexander Tschernoiwanow (Medwedi Tschechow), Anton Mersljutin (Sarja Kaspija Astrachan), Wadim Bogdanow (Universität-Newa St. Petersburg), Alexei Rastworzew (Medwedi Tschechow), Alexei Kostygow (Universität-Newa St. Petersburg), Alexei Kamanin (Medwedi Tschechow), Samwel Aslanjan (Medwedi Tschechow), Michail Tschipurin (Medwedi Tschechow), Eduard Kokscharow (RK Celje), Timur Dibirow (Medwedi Tschechow), Sergei Predybailow (Sarja Kaspija Astrachan), Konstantin Igropulo (FC Barcelona), Andrei Starych (Medwedi Tschechow), Witali Iwanow (Medwedi Tschechow), Dmitri Jerochin (Kaustik Wolgograd), Iwan Pronin (Universität-Newa St. Petersburg), Eldar Nassyrow (Universitet-Neva S.Peterburg), Alexei Kainarow (Sarja Kaspija Astrachan), Alexei Schindin (SKIF Krasnodar), Daniil Schischkarjow (Medwedi Tschechow), Alexander Kaschirin (Medwedi Tschechow), Jewgeni Pewnow (TSG Friesenheim)
All this then led to Sosnowski’s magnum opus of the late 1920s, the Białystok Church (St. Roch's Church in Białystok). It has sometimes been compared to the work of the pioneer of reinforced concrete, Auguste Perret; but Sosnowski’s spatial imagination and his judicious use of crystalline Art Déco motifs go far beyond anything one may find in the work of the French master. In a similar way one may draw again comparisons with German avant-garde design. One is reminded of the revolutionary drawings of the immediate post war years, by
Luckhardt or Bruno Taut, but one would look in vain for a realisation of these dreams in Germany, in a manner that is both as daring and as controlled as Sosnowski’s church. Naturally, the medium-sized town of Białystok could not afford the vast building of the kind which appeared in the architect’s painted dreams of the same years, but Sosnowski maximised the effect of the church on a hill as a Stadtkrone – which is naturally something that can only be experienced on the spot. The quality of the interior space might be summarised by the way one can see it, almost simultaneously, as a dense forest of piers and as a continuous soaring of openings covered by the lightest kind of ceilings.
The first species from the Turkish terrestrial malacofauna were described by Guillaume-Antoine Olivier (1756–1814), who, amongst others, collected natural history objects in the Middle East. For example he named the following species: "Multidentula ovularis" (Olivier, 1801) and "Bulgarica denticulata" (Olivier, 1801) from "Ghemlek" (= Gemlik in the Bay of Mudanya) or "Assyriella guttata" (Olivier, 1804) from Urfa. After Olivier, the area was visited by the German Johannes Rudolf Roth and his party, and then was target of other scientists, naturalists and collectors like Bellardi, Boissier, Dubois de Montpereux, Frivaldsky, Huet de Pavillon, Parreyss, Schläfli, Sievers and others. Their collections went to the most prolific malacologists interested in the area like Jules René Bourguignat, Jean de Charpentier, Heinrich Carl Küster, Johann Rudolf Albert Mousson, Ludwig Karl Georg Pfeiffer and Emil Adolf Rossmässler. In the second half of the 19th century, the famous German malacologists Oskar Boettger and Wilhelm Kobelt from the Senckenberg Museum in Frankfurt intensified the malacological research in Turkey, with contributions by Gottfried Nägele, Otto von Retowski and Carl Agardh Westerlund. After Kobelt’s death in 1916, the "Golden Age" of malacology was finished except for some contributions by Paul Hesse,
Adolfovitch Lindholm and Otto W. von Rosen. After almost 50 years of scientific silence, it was the "Netherlands biological expedition to Turkey 1959", which again shifted the focus of malacologists to Turkey. Since then, the malacological science received an enormous boost and stimulated both international as well as Turkish scientists to deepen the knowledge of the Turkish malacofauna. During this period, which now lasts about 50 years, one third of the number of taxa accepted today as valid has been added! Some of the most active contributors to this success should be mentioned here (in alphabetic order of the surnames): R. A. Bank; G. Falkner; L. Forcart; E. Gittenberger; Z. P. Erőss; Z. Fehér; B. A. Gümüş; B. Hausdorf; V. Hudec; H.P.M.G. Menkhorst; L. Németh; E. Neubert; H. Nordsieck; B. Páll-Gergely; W. Rähle; A. Riedel; H. Schütt; R. Şeşen; M.I. Szekeres; A. Wiktor and M. Z. Yıldırım.
Copyright © 2017