Synonyms for wellem or Related words with wellem
Examples of "wellem"
Trophy) is named after count Johann Wilhelm, Elector Palatine (1658–1716), in Düsseldorf commonly known as Jan
In 2008, the DAMC 05 organised the 26th "Internationales Oldtimer Festival um den Jan-
-Pokal" (26th International Vintage Car Festival for the Jan
Cup) for historic cars, motorcycles and sidecars at the Nürburgring.
In Düsseldorf, the Jan-
Square is named after Johann Wilhelm.
In 2012 he was awarded the first prize in the competition of the Jan-
-Loge of Düsseldorf.
, Elector Palantine, constructed the Flinger "Steinweg" which was a paved road leading from Düsseldorf through Flingern to Gerresheim.
The Oldtimer Festival (German pseudo-anglicism: vintage car festival) is a motor-sport event held by the DAMC 05 since 1983 on the Nürburgring, Germany. The official name of the event is "Internationales Oldtimer Festival um den "Jan-
-Pokal" auf dem Nürburgring", known colloquially as the ""Jan
In 1945, after the war-evacuated Jan-
monument was brought back to the city, not only torches and fanfare accompanied it, but also cartwheeling boys.
As bikes and sidecars compete under the regularity trial regulations, the Jan
Trophy is given to the most consistent driver.
The flotilla was then to be on its way back to Germany by the evening of 9 April. The plan failed because only "Jan
" made it to Narvik. Refuelling with just one tanker was difficult, only two destroyers could be refuelled simultaneously, taking seven or eight hours. At arrival in Narvik, the destroyers were almost out of fuel. Making the refuelling more challenging was the fact that "Jan
" had only improvised refuelling arrangements and inferior pumping equipment. While two destroyers were being refuelled at a time, a third was on guard in fjord, the remaining seven being spread around in the nearby area. By 04:00 on 10 April, "Jan
" had managed to fully refuel three of the German destroyers, and was in the process of refuelling two more.
In 1970 some younger club members started to organise meetings under the authority of the German motor-sports body ONS, beginning with an auto slalom event in the car park of the Rhein Stadium. After several of those events, the first hill climb on the Southern Loop of the Nürburgring was organised on 5 September 1976, together with the clubs PSV Düsseldorf and MSC Jan
. In 1977, the DAMC 05 held the first "Jan
Bergpreis" for which it was solely responsible at the Ring.
Until 1982 the DAMC 05 organised on the Nürburgring a circuit race called ""Rundstreckenrennen um den Jan-
-Pokal"". This race was held for modern and historical cars. In 1983 during the reconstruction of the Grand-Prix-Circuit, the "Oldtimer Festival" was held on the "Nordschleife" of the Nürburgring solely for historic car, bikes and sidecars.
Johann Wilhelm II, Elector Palatine (""Jan
"" in Low German, English: ""John William""; 19 April 1658 – 8 June 1716) of the Wittelsbach dynasty was Elector Palatine (1690–1716), Duke of Neuburg (1690–1716), Duke of Jülich and Berg (1679–1716), and Duke of Upper Palatinate and Cham (1707–1714). From 1697 onwards Johann Wilhelm was also Count of Megen.
, Elector Palantine, donated the "Speckerhöfe" to the Cistercian monks of Orval who founded a priory in 1701. The monks were henceforth also called the "Specker" monks. Later on, the monastery took on the name "Düsselthal" which then became the name of the borough.
On 23 May 1947, she was sold to the Waterman Steamship Corporation which firm converted her back to mercantile service and restored her former name. However, "Lurline Burns" did not stay long in its service. By 1948, the Hong Kong firm,
& Co. operated her under Panamanian registry as SS "Shapur". That company employed her until 1960 or 1961 when all reference to her in mercantile records ceased.
and his wife Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici of Tuscany, were patrons of Düsseldorf's first significant cultural activities in the 17th and 18th centuries. Heinrich Heine, whose 200th birthday was celebrated in 1997 and who originally had a proposed memorial in the city dedicated to him; Clara and Robert Schumann; and as Felix Mendelssohn, are the most prominent artists related to the city, which is home to a distinguished Academy of Fine Arts.
In April 1940, Germany invaded Norway to attain a base for naval raiding in the North Atlantic, and to secure shipments of iron-ore from Sweden through the port of Narvik. Although the ships used were not launched from Basis Nord, the supply ship "Jan
", important for Narvik operations was sent from Basis Nord. No German U-boats or surface warships were supplied out of Basis Nord.
Another story talks about a wedding procession during which one of the wheels of the wedding carriage broke. In order to fend off the threat of bad luck, a boy supposedly jumped to the carriage, took hold of the wheel and thus became a living part of the wheel. Whether the story is about the marriage of Jan
and Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici or the wedding of Margravine Jakobea of Baden and Johann Wilhelm is debatable.
Another narrative style is about a wedding procession, in which the wedding carriage's wheel broke. To ward off the impending disaster, a boy jumped into a coach, and held the wheel. Whether the wedding was that of Jan
and Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici or to the wedding of the Margravine Jakobea of Baden with Johann Wilhelm of Jülich-Cleves-Berg, is controversial. A further modification takes on these second wedding. The bride is supposed to have been very unhappy with her marriage, but the cartwheelers and their coach's skills would have made her laugh.
The Museum Kunst Palast was founded as "Kunstmuseum Düsseldorf", a typical communal arts collection in Germany. The first exhibits were given by the popular regent Jan
, Duke of Palatinate, and his wife Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici and some rich citizens of Düsseldorf. The number of exhibits was expanded in the 19th century by the collection of Lambert Krahe, formerly a collection for educational reasons of the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf. The "Düsseldorfer Gallerieverein", founded in the 19th century, collected many drawings of the Düsseldorfer Malerschule, later given to that collection. The museum for advanced arts, whose opening was in 1883, merged with that museum later.
In 1682 he moved to Düsseldorf, as the official painter of the Court of Elector Palatine of Rhineland, Johann Wilhelm von der Pfalz-Neuburg (also called Jan
by the local people). Starting from 1682 he worked on a series of paintings ordered by Elector Palatine. These paintings depict scenes from the quotidian life of the Prince and his second wife, Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici ("Scenes from the life of the Court of Düsseldorf"). Van Douven played a major role in the establishment of the Painting Gallery of the Palace of Düsseldorf.
Copyright © 2017