Synonyms for witchford or Related words with witchford
Examples of "witchford"
Two hundreds of the Isle of Ely, North
, took their name from the place and had their meeting-place at
Village College is situated on the edge of the village of
, close to the city of Ely.
Royal Air Force
is a former Royal Air Force station located south west of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England and north of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
houses the secondary school
Village College that serves all of the surrounding villages, including Haddenham, Little Thetford, Mepal, Stretham, Sutton, Wilburton and Witcham.
was a rural district in England from 1894 to 1974. It was named after the ancient hundred of North
Village College (sometimes abbreviated to W.V.C.) is a secondary school in the village of
. Currently, around 737 students, aged 11 to 16, and approximately 30 teachers. The new Principal is Chris Terry.
is a village near Ely in Cambridgeshire, England with a 2011 population of 2,385.
During the 19th century the Isle of Ely was divided into the hundreds of Wisbech, North
, and Ely, the Liberty of Whittlesey and Thorney, and the borough of Wisbech.
Community Education at
Village College offer courses from Book-Keeping and Florsitry, to Jewellery Making and Digital Photography.
At the time of the Domesday Survey in 1086 the county was divided into the hundreds as they are now, except that the Isle of Ely, which then formed two hundreds having their meeting-place at
, were subsequently divided into the four hundreds of Wisbech, Ely, North
, while Cambridge formed a hundred by itself. The hundred of Flendish was then known as Flamingdike.
A museum dedicated to RAF
is located in the village.
College serves students living predominantly in East Cambridgeshire. The catchment area of the school includes:
Village College has two partner schools, with which student exchange trips can take place. The schools are as follows:
A total of 99 bombers despatched on operations from
were lost, 8 being Stirlings and 91 Lancasters.
An annual race known as the Grunty Fen Half Marathon has been run annually since 1991. The race starts and ends at
including Bassingbourn, Bottisham, Comberton, Cottenham, Impington, Linton, Melbourn, Sawston, Soham, Swavesey and
. The most recent, Cambourne Village College, opened in September 2013.
An extensive history of the station, with some coverage of RAF Mepal, is contained in 'Memories of RAF
' by Barry and Sue Aldridge.
George Edward Power (16 May 1849 – 29 October 1904) was an English cricketer. Power was a right-handed batsman. He was born at
As there is no documented direction for "Cratendune", the place could be anywhere. These modern places are all within of the present day site of Ely cathedral. The cathedral is built on boulder clay resting on a Jurassic Kimmeridge Clay bed; the old course of the River Great Ouse is south-east. The highest point in the area at is south-west towards
aerodrome, now disused. At
, south-west, Fowler found an Anglo-Saxon cemetery: see below.
The parish of Grunty Fen was situated in the hundred of South
and covered an area of 1793 acres. At one stage the parish was considered extra-parochial, with the area divided between the parishes of Ely,
, Wentworth, Haddenham, Wilburton, Stretham, and Little Thetford. In 1921 its population was only 97, and in 1933 the parish was merged with that of neighbouring Wilburton.
Copyright © 2017