Synonyms for yamachiche or Related words with yamachiche
Examples of "yamachiche"
He was born on February 15, 1879 in
was first used to identify the Little
River ("Petite rivière
") which runs through the town. It came from the Native American (possibly Cree) words "iyamitaw" (meaning "much") and "achichki" (meaning "mud"). Therefore
could have the general meaning of "muddy river", which is a characteristic of this stream. In Abenaki, it was identified as "Namasis" (small fish) and "Obamasis" (small white fish).
In 1973, the railway station (Canadian Pacific) closed, but in 1975, the new Quebec Autoroute 40 opened, providing access to
with 3 interchanges. In 1987, the village and parish municipalities were merged to form the current Municipality of
In 1887, the village itself separated from the parish municipality and became the Village Municipality of
, with George Felix Heroux as first mayor. In 1895, telephone was installed in
and street lighting in 1904.
In 1823, he died at
after suffering an attack of paralysis the preceding year.
() is a municipality in the Mauricie region of the province of Quebec in Canada.
He was born on December 17, 1822 in
, Mauricie. He was an attorney.
In 1980, a street - Rue Conrad Gugy - was named for him in
He was born in 1855 in
, Mauricie. He was an attorney.
He was born on March 25, 1880 in
, Mauricie and was a physician.
Yamachiche's first local government was established in 1855. From 1887 to 1987,
was divided into a parish municipality and a village municipality. Each entity had its own local council and its own mayor. Both structures were merged in 1988 with only one municipal council and one mayor. Officially, municipal elections in
are on a non-partisan basis.
Charles-Nérée Beauchemin (February 20, 1850 – June 29, 1931) was a French Canadian regionalist poet and physician from
, near Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
He was born on September 19, 1850 in
, Mauricie. He was ordained in 1872, but left priesthood three years later and became an attorney.
Elzéar was born on in
, Mauricie and was an attorney by vocation. He served as a member of the Legislative Assembly.
In 1828, the Saint-Barnabé and Saint-Sévère Parishes were formed by separating from the Sainte-Anne-d'Yamachiche Parish. In 1831, the post office opened. In 1845, the Municipality of
was founded but abolished in 1847. It was reestablished in 1855 as the Parish Municipality of Sainte-Anne-d'Yamachiche, with Francois Gerin-Lajoie as first mayor. In 1878, the first train came to
, followed by the telegraph in 1880.
From 1792 to 1794, he lived in Switzerland; Gugy then went to Quebec City on inheriting his uncle Conrad Gugy's seigneuries of Grandpré and Dumontier and part of the seigneury of
A number of family enterprises are owned by Bellemare in the Mauricie area, the most important of whom is transportation and construction business "Groupe Thomas Bellemare Ltée" in
He was born in Saint-Roch-des-Aulnaies, the son of Michel Caron and Marie-Josephte Parent. He married Marie-Anne Trahan, who was of Acadian descent, in 1767. In 1783, he settled on property in the seigneury of
which had been acquired by his father and was known as the village of the Carons. In 1812, Caron was named a commissioner for the purpose of taking the oath of allegiance for
parish. He was part of a group of singers known as the "Chantres de Machiche". Caron was named a justice of the peace. He did not run for reelection to the assembly in 1814. Caron died in
at the age of 67.
Route 153 is a two-lane north/south highway in Quebec, Canada, which starts in
at the junction of Autoroute 40 and ends in Lac-aux-Sables at the junction of Route 363.
He was born André-Charles Gérin-Lajoie at
, Lower Canada in 1824, the grandson of Charles Caron. He studied at the Séminaire de Nicolet. He owned mills and a factory at
. In 1863, Gérin-Lajoie was elected to the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Canada for Saint-Maurice as a member of the Parti rouge. He opposed Confederation, but was elected to the federal parliament in 1874 running as a Liberal. In 1878, he was named superintendent of Public Works for Saint-Maurice and he served in that function until his death at Trois-Rivières in 1895.
Copyright © 2017